Another leaking moon roof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yomama.net
I thought I had this problem solved, but this weekend while my cruiser was setting in the driveway up hill and it was raining, when I got in to run to the store I had water running off my headliner :eek: :ugh: :tear: :cry:
Question could someone take a look with their moon roof open in the front section, there is a rubber seal that runs along the lip of the moon roof tub in the front, does this rubber seal TOUCH the top of the roof and actually seal anything? Mine has a gap in there, not that that is the problem, but could help.

Thanks,

Yomama

My Cruiser, a 97 as well, has a slight gap also.

My problems were remedied by removing the wind deflector plastic thing and it's associated metal clips. And using paper clips every couple of months to ream out the little drain holes and then pour some water through to flush them out. Drain holes being in the front R and L corners

You probably did all of that though??

What ever you do, make sure you fix it - see my post Sun Roof Drains = FIRE :eek:

Cheers, Hugh

Yomama, on the front rubber seal question, mine has a gap too of about an inch?? It seems a pretty uniform distance from the gutter all the way along so I never considered it might be pulled away. Is your seal loose in a couple of places?

When you guys talk about the "Wind deflector" are you talking about the little pop up thing, or the bigger plexiglass accessory. I have the former, but I had thought when people talked about removing the deflector they were talking about the latter.

I did discover a new possible original problem source while waiting in a ferry line up this week end. With the sun roof open my daughter decided to climb up and take a look around. To do so she grabbed the front lip of the sun roof tub which extends out a couple inches from the roof. If you do that you are pulling the tub away from the roof. This would tend to pull the tub away from the seal and maybe pull it out of level as well (tilting forward).

CDN Cruiser, sorry to hear about your electrical fun. At least it motivate you to drop the headliner. I am still working my way up to that.

Simon

CDN Cruiser, sorry to hear about your electrical fun.  At least it motivate you to drop the headliner.  I am still working my way up to that.

Simon

Simon:

Ya, lots of fun. Once motivated, I found dropping the portion of the headliner that I needed access to relatively easy. For access to the DS (repeat on other side as needed):

- Remove DS grab handle on A pillar
- Remove 'dummy plugs' above DS door (where handle would go)
- Remove the DS sun visor (2 screws + 1 screw for the 'retainer') and be careful of any wiring harness (my Lexu$ has a light)
- Remove rear view mirror (2 screws)
- Pull the trim piece from the inside of the sun roof opening
- Carefully pop the 'garnish' (this is what the FSM uses ::)) on the A pillar. and carefully work the headliner out from the trip around the door, etc.

This was enough to allow me better access to the wiring harness and the all important sunroof drain tube.

Cheers, Hugh

Hugh,

Simon has a suspended cloth headliner. Life for him is not that easy :tear:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom