Builds another cummins swap thread/build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good. Hope you get it on the road soon.

What kind of engine lift are you using? Need to buy one eventually.

Are you running a ve or p-pump motor? Also looks like your using the 442 bus tranny? I'm yet to see someone use that trans. I plan on bolting the bus tranny behind my p-pump motor. Looks great so far!

Are you running a ve or p-pump motor? Also looks like your using the 442 bus tranny? I'm yet to see someone use that trans. I plan on bolting the bus tranny behind my p-pump motor. Looks great so far!
Ya p-pump and bus tranny.
What do you think of those bolts for the torque converter to the flywheel too weak? Grade 8 for peace of mind?

Get some arp or grade 8. Make sure you get the correct length as well. Are you doing any mods i.e fuel plate,timing, injectors?

I think bumping the timing and adding a fuel
Plate would be safe. I'm going to run a bigger turbo then what Dustin "plans" for. I want to see what the limits are of this Aisin trans. Honestly I think it's a beefier trans than the 47re. The questionable spot is the torque converter

Do you know if your Cummins came from an auto or manual? 30hp more if it came from an manual truck. I wasn't so lucky mine came from an auto.

Do you know if your Cummins came from an auto or manual? 30hp more if it came from an manual truck. I wasn't so lucky mine came from an auto.
Depending on year.. Not 30hp though unless comparing 1994 to 1998 p-pump motors

Depending on year.. Not 30hp though unless comparing 1994 to 1998 p-pump motors
Correct. Only 15hp difference on 94-95. 35hp difference on 96-98. Either way diesels are all about torque and there is plenty of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom