Ammeter fj 40 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posted this on a thread a couple of weeks ago: "Both sides of the ammeter are positive. Current from the alternator, via the blue and white wire, pass through the ammeter and goes to the battery via the white wire through the fusible link. The ammeter uses the electromagnetic field generated by the current to measure amperage. Sparks will fly if either is connected to negative. Both sides of the ammeter should measure positive with the engine running. If current generated by the alternator is greater than the amperage used by various devices including the engine, then it is positive. If the electrical drain on the system is greater than that being supplied by the alternator, then amperage is negative. the negative from the battery and the alternator goes through the frame."

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^

Is how the stk system works. The white blue wire supplies power from the alt when the engine is running. The alt charges the batt via the whole wiring harness. It's an old antiquated system.
What alt are you using and how many amps is it?

The white green stripe goes to the stk external regulator. There is an engine fuse in the box.

Whole Motors s 5.3 Vortec out of a 2002 Tahoe so I should hook tge white blue strip negative side to tge big post bsck of Chevy alternator and tge positive side white green side to tge 12 volt side of tge two little wires? I think the alternator had one little wire as battery voltage and the other one was just a few volts if I remember right

Engine fuse in the box ? You mean the fuse block next to the drivers left foot vent door tgst a pain in the back to get to ? I checked those I forgot about the little black boxes fuses next to tge radio ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom