Amateur Radio (HAM), Trail Coms, and Navigation Resources (1 Viewer)

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Which test are you wanting to take? If you don't already have a HAM license, you need the Technician study guide; the General guide will not help you.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
And make sure the guide you get is still valid. They just upgraded the test a year or two ago so the old(er) guides are no longer useful as the questions have changed.

Start taking the practice tests on hamexam.org... the flash cards are helpful too.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
And make sure the guide you get is still valid. They just upgraded the test a year or two ago so the old(er) guides are no longer useful as the questions have changed.

Start taking the practice tests on hamexam.org... the flash cards are helpful too.
I don't have a licenses yet so I need the Technician license.

lelandEOD

SILVER Star
Yup, once you sign up for the actual Test contact the RPSTC training coordinator, Krystal Rhodes, and tell her you also want to sign up for the Ham Cram. The cram is put on by a volunteer and you need to register for that separately.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Yup, once you sign up for the actual Test contact the RPSTC training coordinator, Krystal Rhodes, and tell her you also want to sign up for the Ham Cram. The cram is put on by a volunteer and you need to register for that separately.
Ok I just got the email from her about the class times being different due to COVID. So I will email her back with that, thanks Lee

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
I strongly recommend the QRZ online practice test. I did all my studying there. For Tech you could do a practice test a couple of times a day until test day and pass with ease.

gregnash

Anal Retentive Analyst
SILVER Star
Ok signed up for the CRAM beforehand and then the test afterwards. I will look up the QRZ practice test and start doing that. I had done before a number of years ago but remember that something came up the weekend of the test and couldn't take. I think I had downloaded a couple test apps on my iPad so I will take a look tonight to see if I still have those.

Tony_Farson

Club President
GOLD Star
Congratulations guys... You are now certified nerds!
1613879166935.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom