Am I crazy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the last time I had my cruiser out the t-case was making some pretty nasty noises. I decided to rebuild it and then the tranny while I was at it. I want to buy the kits ($200 each) and I wanted to hire someone to do the labor but it is like 750 bucks. Should I just try it myself? Is there somehwere that I can get a rebuild for cheaper? because alltogether its over $1000 to get it done.:confused:

where are you located? ship it to me externally cleaned with your rebuild kit and assuming nothing else has issue, I'll do it for 1/2 of that.

whether you can do this depends on your skill level. It really doesn't take any special tools other than a few bearing pullers.

zip 35242

i would do it yourself. It's pretty much straight forward. Just clean the hell out of it, that is the most annoying part.

and get a bearing puller

what about cleaning....chemicals? or just Dawn Dish Soap? what is the reccommended cleaning process.

3-4-5spd??

Where are you located and what year model is this thing??

oven cleaner, scraper, scrub brush, wire brush, hot wayer p-washer, garden hose, time, effort...whatever tools you have at your disposal

thanks

thanks for the replies. I found a local fj-40 fan to do it for half the cost. I am located in idaho, by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom