Always-on mod for 2007 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catskills

SILVER Star
Media Partner
Threads
Is there a simple always-on mod like there is for the 2002?

Will be off-grid camping for 2 weeks straight and will need this...

Thanks in advance, Kristy

My USBs running off my cigarette lighter outlet.

Sorry, maybe I thought that phrase was more common than it is...

My USBs running off my cigarette lighter outlet.

Sorry, maybe I thought that phrase was more common than it is...

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, in the 100 series the "always on" mod only changes the power outlets to always stay powered... not the cigarette lighter.

Sorry, I want the power outlet always on. Thanks for the correction.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand, in the 100 series the "always on" mod only changes the power outlets to always stay powered... not the cigarette lighter.

You are correct. The always on mod barmabrock referenced will power the outlet above the transfer case shifter, one in console bottom ( assuming 2007 truck has it) and the one back at rear tailgate.

The cigarette lighter outlet next to the ashtray does not stay powered.

Is it as hard to do as that doc says it is for later year models? I've had that panel off once before but didn't have a reason to look at for the relay and its location. I have thought that it would be nice to have always on power in the rig...

That relay for the later model trucks is on the back side of the fuse/relay block. A bit of a pain to remove. I believe there are three or four wiring connector you have to remove to get it out and into your hands. I wouldn't try it by feel only. I would want to look at it.

For the fridge plug in in the power outlet in the console in my '06 TLC, I simply wired a direct connection to the battery with an inline fuse. A one banana job for an unskilled mechanic like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom