Always bet on black. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Michelin LTX M/S.

Just be aware of the grip break away on cornering and braking in wet conditions. Actually the tires make the truck more fun in these conditions, you just have to adjust when traffic is around.

Your truck looks great. I guess I need to finally step up and paint my wheels.

It has.

Once.

I can vouch for that. :D

Around here, it's more important to "look" like you go off pavement. :cool:

That car looks like it's never been off the pavement!

That car looks like it's never been off the pavement!

ya, well i hope to change that.

It has.

Once.

I can vouch for that. :D

Around here, it's more important to "look" like you go off pavement. :cool:

Exactly. And to think, it went offroad with stock LTX's, and a bunch of chrome. Remember those jeep guys up on the hill going "ohh what happened did the lexus break?"

I did it for the form over function...just happens that it functions better now too!

When we going off-pavement again? Lets so somewhere that is Diff friendly ;)

looks better now

WOH, SALEH approved? Guess I'm definitely stepping in the right directions now!

black and land cruisers go so well together! good work, loud

the trail teams FJ looks bad-ass with black trim.

P4100016.jpg

Sometimes I find myself wanting an FJ but now that you put your rig next to one - errr nope. Yours is several leagues above that FJ in looks, comfort, ride, well can't say too much I don't own and FJ - I will always like them, but can not justify the trade.
Lookin good loud!

All that effort editing your photos, but you have some work to do on the earlier photos on yur plate! Ya missed one...

you think my plates actually say 1LOUDLX? ;) I thought about it...never ordered them though.

I would take an FJ if they put the V8 in it, otherwise the trade off between losing my V8 and not being able to see at all(FJs have crazy blindspots) would be too much.

Love the black rims, I purchased a set (I think you've seen my thread/"New tire comments", but havent gotten tires yet. How did you get yours painted? How durable is painting? That could be another option for me to keep the 16's versus the upgraded 18's. But I do like the new wheels as well. (Indecisive, huh)

i got them powdercoated at a place Macneill referred me to. He got his done(he has LX wheels, i have LC wheels, dont ask?) a few years ago and they held up very well. So I naturally, went to the same place. Trying to convince my friend now into getting some 16s for his FJ and doing the same thing.

I did it in parts. Started it a few months ago when i randomly decided to paint my whole grille(the other one i have) flat black. That prompted me to buy wheels from macneill, get them powdercoated, take my emblems off the back and paint them/replace with vinyl sticker variants, cover the chrome trim on the sides, get tires, and so on... Some trial and error, i have about 6 different types of flat/semi-flat/semi-satin/satin black spray paint downstairs now. Still have some things to touch up, IE: repaint hubcaps and get the nipple rings done in red.

Don't you ever think about have them in the same colour of the body (execpt the wheels of course!)
I saw that on a 120 serie (before, the whole grille was chrome) and it was pretty nice either, more soberly

what part in body color? I had my grille painted to match the body last year, just left the chrome trim on the outside. Ive gone thru 5 different looks for the front grille...i like how the front matches the back now.

i got them powdercoated at a place Macneill referred me to. He got his done(he has LX wheels, i have LC wheels, dont ask?) a few years ago and they held up very well. So I naturally, went to the same place. Trying to convince my friend now into getting some 16s for his FJ and doing the same thing.

How much is it to powdercoat the wheels?

How much is it to powdercoat the wheels?

Scotty, check your email!

FOR THOSE OF YOU IN SAN DIEGO:
I just got my steelies powder coated and they came out freaking awesome!

The guy is in El Cajon and is a friend of a friend. Need to speak to DUANE!

DBS Blast and Powder Coat - Home and its $40-60 a wheel depending on the color. I got a custom 50% gloss (which was perfect) and it was $45 or 50 a wheel.

He is a cool cat and a quick turn around.

half the price of what would be considered a deal around here. Local place down the road from me wanted 200 per wheel!!!!!!! Got them done for 100 each though

half the price of what would be considered a deal around here. Local place down the road from me wanted 200 per wheel!!!!!!! Got them done for 100 each though

Yeah, i got quotes around $80-100 and then a friend recommended DBS.

They are a new shop and trying to get their name out there.

I am pretty picky about my truck and others working on it, but their work is awesome and i am most impressed!

FYI, there were multiple sets of Porsche and BMW wheels been done as well. Good Stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom