aluminum radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
well, my radiator I have is leaky.and i figure if im gonna spend 130 on a new one, then i might as well go aluminum. ive been doing research on mud and on pirate. and i was wondering if i could use this radiator? its the right size, but i need to email for pictures of the other side to see where the iwater inlets and outlets are. thanks for looking.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33602QQitemZ4594545495QQrdZ1

> Max

but how much does that cost? if it costs hundred bucks i might as well go the extra mile to get a aluminum radiator

but did you read what it says on ebay? it says it has to installed by a race car mechanic......im sure that will run you at least $100 an hr. LMAO

im sure my 12yr old nephew could also it was just a joke towards what the dude wrote on ebay......................

Where is it leaking?

Tubes or at the tanks?

There was a thread on radiators not too long ago, with links to a radiator place online...you can get a 4 core for under 200.00 delivered.

Good luck!

-Steve

radiater

I have a radiater out of my 79 40 does not leak I put a 350 tpi in and needed a larger radiater I am close to Denver. Take $50.00.
jimr
sjryanco@yahoo.com

Poser said:
Where is it leaking?

Tubes or at the tanks?

There was a thread on radiators not too long ago, with links to a radiator place online...you can get a 4 core for under 200.00 delivered.

Good luck!

-Steve

You can get a 4 core for around $160 delivered, if you can find them. I found many places that claimed to have them, but when I ordered them they said that they were unavailable.... I looked for weeks and finally ordered a 3 core from some radiator hotline in the phone book.

74fj40 said:
do you think the 4 row makes a difference at all?

20+ degrees on mechanical Autometer instrumentation using the same shroud that was on the three row...

Good luck!

-Steve

If you wan to fab brackets, summit sells a 28"w x 19" x 3" deep crossflow aluminum for $189. Its a great price, and they have been proven to efficiently cool V8s up to 350 HP with no problems. The only drawback is is you need to add a petcock drain in it and fab your own brackets. This radiator has a bigger cooling capacity than the stock 3/4 core cruiser radiator. As always, good airflow is a must.

If you do not have a V8 then AL is unnecessary..

FWIIW, I have been emailing this guy offering the Griffin on EBay and it is like a 19X22 for a Ford. He is also somewhat difficult to communicate with so that makes it all the more exciting.

max, call performance radiator 303-777-4303. ask them if they have a 4 core for your application
see how much it is and get a part#
then call me and i'll see what i can get it for you for

jim
720-837-6623

Ford has different inputs for the hoses.

Although I need a ford AL radiator for my 302 comversion ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom