Alternative to ACC for Repairs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems a tad high for two coil overs but they are pros and you can be assured it will be done right. Maybe just double check they didn't misunderstand and quote you for all four corners and did it include the alignment? The job is not as easy as bolting on a set of shocks. They'll prob have to remove the lower A-arm and some other fiddling around as well as some drilling to mount the reservoirs maybe that is where the added time is. Did you get any other quotes.

I asked but ACC said the ride would be fine with the stock rear shocks.
Is this ok to do?
Yes. The front 2 only is a good way to go. i just did all 4 shocks recently. ACC did the work. They ride good. Mine is a 2010 about 100k miles, so I just wanted to do all 4 at one time. Are you leveling the truck or just keeping it stock height?

I’m in Alabama and locally there is no one I would trust with this job. It’s Ford and Chevy country. All the shops seem to scratch their heads when I pull up in my Landcruiser wanting mods.
Atlanta is a 2hr drive away. If you know of someone else, I would be willing to try other quotes.
Thank you for your help

I trust their work. Roof rack, step sliders, icon stage 1- with SPC uca's. I'd schedule a day, go there early, get an alignment after they are done , and know you are all set. Once you have those icon's in you just can't go fast enough over everything. Handling is much better too. little to no nose dive when you break either. I really like mine so far... 10k miles.

I'm happy with icon set up and I hear Iron Man has a nice set up too. I only leveled mine and it's just right for what I need. If I later want to rock crawl a bit then maybe bumpers later. Saw a guy with a 200 last week who just put on a TJM front bumper... very NICE.
@Swayer do I need to get the alignment done that day while I’m in ATL? Or can I drive the 2 hours back home?
@Swayer do I need to get the alignment done that day while I’m in ATL? Or can I drive the 2 hours back home?
I'm sure it'll be close and you could go home, but check with them to be sure.

IMG-0438.JPG

I have been using Tom Craig for years in Marietta, he is top notch!

He has worked on my 40, 80, 100, and my 200. Always honest and forthright.

Just got the 180,000 mile service done by Peter at Merriam Automotive in Duluth. Reviews on here seemed good but I wanted to call around first. Peter's estimate over the phone was about $700 cheaper than others, though I'll never know with ACC. They didn't get back to me. I have to assume that they have more work than they can handle. Merriam isn't a Toyota/LC only shop, but he does work on quite a few of them and really seems to know all the models inside and out. One thing I liked about him was how willing he was to spend time talking about the truck before and after the repair. He's also a "just drive it" kind of mechanic. I asked what repairs I might need to worry about next and he said basically nothing in the near future. Gotta love that. Duluth is a hike though. Especially from where I live!

Peter is a Toyota guy! He was personally restoring a FJ45 the last time I was in his shop. He also drives a FJ60 as his daily driver. He has done work for me in the past and is fare in price, uses quality OEM parts, warranties his work and does a solid job!

I would recommend him highly!

Matthew

Last edited:
Southern Offroad in Alpharetta has done some LandCruiser work. They installed bumpers, lift and some other stuff on a friends 100 series.

2nd Southern Offroad- They stripped out my AHC system and added about 2hrs total labor to my lift install. Total install cost was around $700 lower than ACC, plus they only needed a few days lead time to get me in. My AHC strip was their first, I sent them the AHC schematic from the FSM to outline exactly which components would be removed.

Talk to Ben over there, he'll take good care of you.

Sorry to hijack the thread but is there an alternative to ACC for AHC removal around N. metro Atlanta?

Patrick Greer at Greer Automotive Services in Woodstock. He is a Toyota/Lexus fanatic and his shop is normally full of Tacomas, 4runners and Land Cruisers. A few other local Mud members use him. His number is 678-540-7131. Tell him Jason Tubbs referred you. He is honest and upfront about any work done and is fair. Just read his reviews on Google.

Another for Patrick at GAS. I called ACC before I met Patrick and despite their incredible reputation, was put off by objectively higher prices than the Lexus dealer would have charged for maintenance items like timing belt/water pump. I imagine it had to be due to having too much work but IMO, I'd rather they had just said that.

Took my truck to Patrick instead and haven't looked back. He's getting mine again this week to charge up my AC.

10-4 on Greer, I'll have to give them a shout, may be tackling a MC job in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom