All Those Fuel Lines 81 BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So are all those fuel lines really necessary? Especially the one that loops across to the left side, under the rear deck,floor? I'm not exactly sure but I think it is some sort of emissions equipment.
Thanks

I don't have the answer, but I'm interested if someone else does...
The one running underneath the floor is apparently unnecessary because mine was disconnected when I bought it... But I'd like to put it back to stock so if anyone has pics etc. of where it's supposed to go I'd be interested.
I can't even find that line in the Toyota EPC parts software...

Caveman said:
So are all those fuel lines really necessary? Especially the one that loops across to the left side, under the rear deck,floor? I'm not exactly sure but I think it is some sort of emissions equipment.
Thanks

I have an 84' BJ42 and I replaced the fuel tank last year. If I recall correctly there are at least 4 smaller hoses that run to the tank besides the main fuel line and filler hose. these lines run to various places on the tank itself. If you remove the side panels next to the filler neck (if your year has them) you will see a plastic vapor gismo that has most of the hoses that run from the tank. You sould have two that run toward the engin, one is main fuel and I think there is another that is the fuel return line.

You can probably get away without all the lines however for vapor issues and keeping the tank and truck safe you should probably trace them down and make sure they are hooked up.

Cheers,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom