All-Pro Offroad CV Boots Install Question(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I took my reman axles and rebooted them due to my lift. I've done both the inner and outer sides and now I'm concerned I did not do the outer correctly.

I placed the outer boot in the exact same spot as the original, but the wide opening section that goes over the outer joint casing is much thicker. This pushes the accordion section of the boot out. Adjacently, I let the smaller side sit further in on the axle. The product description from All-pro states that this section is designed to fit on the small section of the axle.

I believe the combination of these two choices has led to the interference in the pictures attached. I'm looking for anyone's experience with these boots or similar.

Thanks.

IMG20230819172624.jpg

IMG20230819172720.jpg

IMG20230819172629.jpg

Here are some pics of mine - with a 2.5" Ironman FCP lift and Ironman UCAs. I have about an inch of clearance at static ride height between the CV boot and shock. I also think my boot is pushed more "in" than yours, as it's roughly even or even past the shock. I'm also not sure how close mine are at full droop (which it looks like your suspension might be setting at).
20230820_144710 (1).jpg

20230820_144718 (1).jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I've ordered another set of clamps so I can reposition where the boot is. I may try bringing the lca forward also, just haven't decided to try it yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom