Alignment Specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got 2" Eibach lift kit installed with coil conversion along with Ironman UCAs, OEM LCAs and tie rod ends. Right now I got 17" Sequoia wheels with 265/70 tires but in couple of weeks I'm planning to install 17" Method wheels with 0 offset and 285/70 tires. I'm going to take it for alignment tomorrow at one of these chain tire shops and had 2 questions:
1. Do I just let the shop do their thing to bring alignment up to specs, or are there any recommended settings that I should ask them to do since I got a lift? I searched on the forum and some have recommended caster to be set between 3.5-4. I think I also read few days ago someone said between 4.5-5....so I'm not sure. I think someone also mention to set toe to 0. I really don't know this stuff, so please let me know. I think based on my readings here it seems higher caster is going to provide some more clearance when I put on a wider tire to avoid rubbing.
2. Would I need to get alignment done again when I put new wheels and bigger tires?

Just got the alignment done after replacing all the suspension parts, and I can sense vibrations right around 60mph. Not happy. Anyone has idea of what could be causing it? My alignment specs are below. Let me know what you think.

The stance came out great after installing the Eibach lift kit/conversion - so happy about that. But I wish the vibration issue goes away.

IMG_4457.jpg

Alignment got nothing to do with vibration
Maybe they knocked the wheel balance weight off or you have bad wheel bearing.

Just trying to think....there was no vibration before all this stuff was installed, so unlikely that it is wheel bearings.

yeah, balance weights are a possibility. Planning to get new wheels and tires installed soon so that might fix it or at least rule it out.

Just trying to think....there was no vibration before all this stuff was installed, so unlikely that it is wheel bearings.

yeah, balance weights are a possibility. Planning to get new wheels and tires installed soon so that might fix it or at least rule it out.
could be drive shaft out of whack with lifting

@Matsui The alignment is fine, its your axles, driveshafts/u joints that need to be looked at.

-your cv axles up front. look for ripped boots, exposed grease, dented boots (as sign that the axle was mishandled or even dislocated).
-front and rear drive shafts...specifically all 4 u-joints. They've been at a certain angle for 15 years, so when you lift the truck/change angles they sometimes awaken some parts that need grease or replacing.

You can do a few quick tests by crawling under there and simply grabbing the drive shaft and pulling up and down, left and right. if there is play or clicking, etc... then your u joints are bad.

Hey Tanner. Good idea - will check the front and rear drive shafts and see if there is any movement. As so many folks have lifted their rides here and on GXOR, wonder if anyone had issues with drive shaft and experienced similar symptoms.

I already checked the boots and axles - they seem in good shape as they were replaced like a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom