Front Differential/ drivetrain Reinstall - Need torque specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to reinstall everything from the transfer case to the front wheels. I've had virtually no success finding torque specs for the GX470 specifically.

I'm convinced I'm looking in the wrong places because I cannot find this information anywhere and I cannot be the only person to ever ask this question. I've gone so far as to purchase access to the manual from Toyota, but their website is currently messed up and I can't log in.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Trying to reinstall everything from the transfer case to the front wheels. I've had virtually no success finding torque specs for the GX470 specifically.

I'm convinced I'm looking in the wrong places because I cannot find this information anywhere and I cannot be the only person to ever ask this question. I've gone so far as to purchase access to the manual from Toyota, but their website is currently messed up and I can't log in.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
2005 GX470 FSM:
Or here if the direct link does not work.

It's a monster at nearly 4,000 pages but does have torque specs. It also has wiring diagrams which are very useful. Navigating it is quite tough - I need to spend a few hours bookmarking my PDF copy to make it easier. I just print out specific pages when I need them.

Many many thanks. Let the digging begin. I will update this thread once I find the info.

Update:
For Front differential

MANUAL PAGE (TOP RIGHT) >> DESCRIPTION (PDF PAGE #)

03-36 >> general torque specs (Page 140)
29-11 thru 29-13 >> Front differential assembly diagram (with torque specs) and removal instructions (pages 1096-1098)
29-28 thru 29-30 >> Reinstall Front diff (pages 1113 - 1115)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom