Alaska Cruiser Trek 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Three 80's did a little pre-run recently.

Now we're waiting for ya'll to get here! :clap:
IMG_1332A.jpg
IMG_1341A.jpg
IMG_1334A.jpg

Awesome pics, keep em coming!!!

Our conversation was cut off do to lack of cell service. Sorry about that.

Same for anyone in the Fort St. John area (50mi up Alaska Highway). Need quick shower, camp in my back yard (do have a couch as well ;), spare parts, or a hand wrenching (my shop is permafull) PM me.
Cheers,
Deny

I'm in Fort Nelson.

fort nelson(mile 300) if help is needed we also have mugbogs on sat if anyone wants to stop by 250-321-1935

Our conversation was cut off do to lack of cell service. Sorry about that.

I'm in Fort Nelson.

Too bad I missed you, have a good trip, hopefully see you on your way down.
Cheers,

did you try calling, we were down at the mud bog pits taking friends and the kids through the pits. give me a call when you are coming back through.

In Whitehorse waiting on Gladly.

Thanks for the beer and the tech advice, Dan!

attachment.php

If Whitehorse is a stop on your way back down, hopefully it's at a better time of day and you can meet the rest of the family (My boy would love to check out your rig :D)

have a safe trip the rest of the way! :steer:

We're in Tok right now at Young's Motel and we were at Fast Eddy's for breakfast. No one had made a reservation for Saturday morning so we put in a reservation for the group for a separate room for 8am on the 26th. Did not know the total number of people coming so we just guessed.

Mark or Charla, if you are still around do you want to call Fast Eddy's and give them an accurate count?

Cheers,
Chad

I'm in 100 mile house at the Cariboo Mall.

Hey Dan you're passing pretty close.Feel free to make a small detour and come through my way on the way back.I've got the great outdoors to wrench in and a place to crash if you need it.

At the very least we can have a couple of cold ones and you can see some of Canada's scenic desert country.

This goes for any of you folks traveling through and want a break. Gives you the option to continue back to your original route or make the spectacular trip over to Whistler on your way back.

Enjoy.:cheers:

Dan you are a driving machine, Dawson Creek BC to Tok, 2200+ km in 3 days.....:clap:. If your taking a different path home my door is open.

Dan you are a driving machine, Dawson Creek BC to Tok, 2200+ km in 3 days.....:clap:. If your taking a different path home my door is open.
That is 1258 miles not bad . The road by Kluane Lake can have a lot of frost heaves hope its better this year.

Mark, Charla, Kevin and Lydia should be out of the loop until the day before the Trek begins. They are currently off the road doing the pre-run. They have a Sat phone but will probably only use it in emergencies and assistance/parts requests.
If the plan stands they were talking about eating at Fast Eddy's the morning of the Trek, Dont quote me though as the plan could change.

Last edited:
The entire road from Haines Junction to the Alaskan boarder cannot be described.

That is 1258 miles not bad . The road by Kluane Lake can have a lot of frost heaves hope its better this year.

There is nothing I can put in words and the pictures do not do it justice.

I'm am pulling a trailer with my rig on it. I unstrapped the rig from the trailer so I did not break my springs on the rig on the trailer. The strapping of the rig was a seconday strapping system since I am still cross strapped at 4 points on the axles.

The rig weebled and wobbled but no broken springs. :clap:

Haines Junction to Beaver Creek was a major pain with the frost heaves. We are actually down near Palmer/Anchorage now. I loaned my tent out to my sister a while back and she forgot to put the poles back in the tent bag. :doh: So we are stopping by REI in Anchorage to get some tent poles. That was a bit of a surprise.

Haines Junction to Beaver Creek was a major pain with the frost heaves. We are actually down near Palmer/Anchorage now. I loaned my tent out to my sister a while back and she forgot to put the poles back in the tent bag. :doh: So we are stopping by REI in Anchorage to get some tent poles. That was a bit of a surprise.

Your package is on it way to alaska via USPS. Great to hear you made it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom