Air Locker: Worth it?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The question wasn't directed at me, but I do have an opinion: Simpler design. Every issue I've seen with ARB lockers (which is quite a few, way more than any other locker) involves the air line, and the damn diff has to be taken out of the axle to fix it. If I ever bought a truck with an ARB I wouldn't pull it out right away, but the first time I had to get into the diff for any reason it would get replaced with an e-locker. I do not understand the love for those things. When it was the only option, sure, but there are much better options now.

My father in law has an ARB in his JK and I have seen it down a few times. Be it a leak, busted line etc. Yeah the E locker are more expensive but if you factor in the cost of the damn compressor it is almost a wash, and I believe trail repairs on an E lockers wiring would be easier then repairing and air line.

I like it because it’s simple. Not as simple as a lunchbox but less needed to work.

Yeah I could do the wiring for that one too.

Good because I love the clean looking of the factory locker switch over the damn toggle switches.

I have seen people do this before trying to sell an 80. Twice at the same dealer in Glendale.

Have also seen this from the same people in Glendale. They are expecting people to not check function or even look underneath the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom