air intake pipe from k&n or airaid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The guy on Facebook responded. Here is what he used. I’m ordering and will document.

View attachment 2624885
Yep thats what i used.

160001233_5827534483926918_5297593378653070581_n.jpg

I'm really not that happy with how the T-connector connects to the lower air line, I hooked it up with what i had, It's the lower TOY Line, It has a Factory Bend in it and the T i used is bending it up, which in time will split the line. So it's either cut the lover line so that bend is out or add a Elbow or a purpose bent line. I just wanted to make sure no codes got thrown. The Custom Fab guy i talk to from K&N told me that it wouldn't work. For the past month i've been pulling 6K to our land fill every 3 days with no codes, """"""SO THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT THE CUSTOM FAB GUY AT K&N KNOWING HIS PROPUCED THAT HE SELLS.""""""

tube1.jpg

I'm really not that happy with how the T-connector connects to the lower air line, I hooked it up with what i had, It's the lower TOY Line, It has a Factory Bend in it and the T i used is bending it up, which in time will split the line. So it's either cut the lover line so that bend is out or add a Elbow or a purpose bent line. I just wanted to make sure no codes got thrown. The Custom Fab guy i talk to from K&N told me that it wouldn't work. For the past month i've been pulling 6K to our land fill every 3 days with no codes, """"""SO THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT THE CUSTOM FAB GUY AT K&N KNOWING HIS PROPUCED THAT HE SELLS.""""""

View attachment 2629436
I agree with you. I don't see how using the T would throw a code. When the throttle plate opens, the intake applies vacuum to all those lines plugged in to the side of the intake pipe, just like it would with the factory intake resonator. I used a T also and tried to route the lines so there was minimal rubbing or bending of the lines.

View attachment 2629436

Looks like you need something like a 8mm to 6mm reducing T connector

Screen Shot 2021-03-29 at 8.32.24 AM.png

I did the entire K&N mod for my '05 LX. I removed the mass airflow sensor from the original intake pipe and attached it to the K&N. I attached the K&N air box and have noticed that it now sounds like an American V8 but I have not seen any indication of increased HP or fuel economies of scale. :rofl:

042C4B20-9619-4F8A-870D-0D731E192EBF.jpeg

67788C80-1B21-4054-9782-3022D12AA6E8.jpeg

The Tundra/Sequoia intake pipe is not a perfect fit in the 100, but it will fit. I installed a junkyard Tundra/Sequoia intake pipe after the original developed a crack.
View attachment 2624839

I assume the aftermarket part could be made to fit as well.
I just broke a nipple off mine, was going to go outside and measure to see if the Tundra one fits and bingo, this pops up in the threads. AWESOME!

I did the entire K&N mod for my '05 LX. I removed the mass airflow sensor from the original intake pipe and attached it to the K&N. I attached the K&N air box and have noticed that it now sounds like an American V8 but I have not seen any indication of increased HP or fuel economies of scale. :rofl:

View attachment 2629591

View attachment 2629592
Please update us this coming summer on your current cai setup. I remember running a similar setup on my 4AGE 20-valve corolla about almost 2 decades ago and during extreme heat my engine would suffer from engine heat soak on prolonged idling.

Please update us this coming summer on your current cai setup. I remember running a similar setup on my 4AGE 20-valve corolla about almost 2 decades ago and during extreme heat my engine would suffer from engine heat soak on prolonged idling.
She did fine last summer but I'll monitor again this summer too.

Since we are talking about air intake enhancements, sorry if I have to ask here but I couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere; anyone tried this on their LC/LX?
A0B81BD2-8573-4967-8E8B-95E9937EA3BC.jpeg
It’s drop-in type of “performance” filter by Mr. T, washable.

Since we are talking about air intake enhancements, sorry if I have to ask here but I couldn’t find a definitive answer anywhere; anyone tried this on their LC/LX?
View attachment 2630809It’s drop-in type of “performance” filter by Mr. T, washable.
You'll get not a whit of horsepower from it. It might come with a sticker, tho.

I agree with you. I don't see how using the T would throw a code. When the throttle plate opens, the intake applies vacuum to all those lines plugged in to the side of the intake pipe, just like it would with the factory intake resonator. I used a T also and tried to route the lines so there was minimal rubbing or bending of the lines.
Not the T, the hole thing. Thats what the guy said at K-N,

You'll get not a whit of horsepower from it. It might come with a sticker, tho.
My 17 year old daughter made me laugh after she made the trek to our friends' cabin in West Virginia, laying down the quickest trek time anyone has made up there to date I'll add, and yes, she's 17...:oops:

She said, "Dad, the Lexus really sounds mean when you stomp on the throttle to pass a slow poke but it doesn't go very fast..." Like I said in an earlier post, it now "sounds like" an American V8. The '05 is a little short on HP and torque. I tell everyone that will listen, she goes further than a Wrangler on a tank full of gas and you don't find yourself rowing the shifter to keep the Revs up to do it. :rofl:

Not the T, the hole thing. Thats what the guy said at K-N,

The K&N guy said the whole thing, as in the whole K&N intake tube would cause a code?

The K&N guy said the whole thing, as in the whole K&N intake tube would cause a code?
I don't see any way for it to cause a code. All the hose does for the engine is to supply a filtered-air source of vacuum for the passenger valve cover vent, the steering idle up valve, and the charcoal canister (maybe one other, I forget?). If there is vacuum (which means the hose is sealed from intake to air box) those will all be happy.

I don't see any way for it to cause a code. All the hose does for the engine is to supply a filtered-air source of vacuum for the passenger valve cover vent, the steering idle up valve, and the charcoal canister (maybe one other, I forget?). If there is vacuum (which means the hose is sealed from intake to air box) those will all be happy.

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. I do not see how a code be thrown in this scenario?

when i called, i was transferred to him (Custom Fab manger) i told him what i was doing, And what i needed, was a Adapter plate so the MAS can be mounted in the tube like its suppose to. He said "Wont work, will throw codes" Didnt even get to the Vacuum lines difference, Than I said thank you for your time and hung up. '' i really think people have LOST the ability to think out of the box''........... With the Tube i also order a Block Kit and left the MAS on the filter box. It's been over a month now runner her hard, there does seen to be a little more power during acceleration, sounds the same to me, The Snorkel and the Muffler Delete affected the sound...

This is mine. Too much money for what it is. But I want to see what's going on down there. I had the pipe sitting.

View attachment 2625050
Where did you get the elbow piece that attaches to the throttle body?

Edit: Never mind. I found them on intakehoses.com. Now I just need to measure the sizes and find the pipe with vacuum nipples, or else weld one up. That seems like a lot more cost effective solution than paying $300 for the K&N kit and throwing away the air box. Looks like you went with a cobra head on your throttle body to pipe connection?

Last edited:
Unrelated but related, what’s the dyno gain on these various mods? Do headers/cams/heads make a significant enough difference to make them worthwhile?

Unrelated but related, what’s the dyno gain on these various mods? Do headers/cams/heads make a significant enough difference to make them worthwhile?
Headers (exhaust system to 3” outlet pipes), high lift cams by TODA Japan (same with the 1UZ), ported intake and exhaust heads) plus strong valve springs will definitely give you additional HP if you’re going the Naturally Aspirated route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom