air intake pipe from k&n or airaid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes cobra head matched with TB opening.
You need the shortest radius 90 you can find, and that seems to be it.

Headers (exhaust system to 3” outlet pipes), high lift cams by TODA Japan (same with the 1UZ), ported intake and exhaust heads) plus strong valve springs will definitely give you additional HP if you’re going the Naturally Aspirated route.
Yeah I’ve never actually considered anything like this for my LC. You think I would have considering the amount of power gains you can make on an LS1 (which I have in my other 20 year old car my wife hates) with bolt ons. I’ll have to do some research.

$59 Tundra intake from eBay, $11 Tundra valve cover vent tube, one vacuum tee, and some silicone vac hose I had in the garage. Beats $475 for new LC intake tube to replace the one that broke!
PXL_20210627_230329512.jpg

yes, drilled three holes for power steering vac, fpr vac and passenger side pcv supply. match up mm for inch barb fittings, plastic is fine. silicone hoses for fpr and power steering valve. @oakback

I recently installed the airaid tundra kit. It takes 10 minutes tops. There is nothing janky about it and it fits the space between stock air box and throttle body perfectly. The directions on hose routing that come with it match up to my 98 lc. It is slightly louder, granted I have a DS exhaust manifold leak and no resonator from a recent bumper install. This kit comes with a reusable dry filter, I popped it in and it fits, old filter needed to be changed any way. Not sure if I’ll use this “reusable” filter long term. I’ll try to post a video clip a little bit later on.

BB34BB36-4EF6-4EC8-AD51-6D606108EA46.jpeg

8D3AA241-6344-4B54-A44E-312A4590D512.jpeg

AAA18EBB-97C3-41EC-9F67-725A60B9C3B9.jpeg

Looks good. Thanks for posting these.

I recently installed the Airaid (K&N) intake tube from the Land Cruiser/LX470 kit that is now out of production from what I was told. However the parts can still be ordered directly from Airaid (K&N). Those PNs are; "Intake Tube - AIR-KIT981T", "Rubber hose connector - AIR-KITHUMPHS11EPDM", and "Reducer hose connector - AIR-KITRDCR04". All told it was about $120 for the parts. I used the OEM Factory intake tube clamps for the install.

The Airaid tube only has 2 vacuum ports; one for the PS valve cover hose, and one that has a tapped hole that accommodates a 1/8” pipe thread. I picked up a black poly hose barb that accepted a 1/4” dia. hose thread. All three of the factory lines are there just to get vacuum and the y-fitting works and makes no difference.

One thing I will be doing is trimming about 1/2” off the air filter housing side of the new intake tube. It’s a touch to long and limits some the flex in the rubber connector.

Overall it was an easy install and aside from being a little more throaty during acceleration, it wasn't very noticeable. I made this change to make the engine more accesable and it cleans the engine bay up some. Just my $0.02.

IMG-0777.jpg

IMG-0778.jpg

IMG-0779.jpg

Found this while reading about canister filters on the 100-series.

Why does the 100 have such a convoluted intake pipe? Is it to reduce noise while maintaining flow?

Check this out.

Found this while reading about canister filters on the 100-series.

Why does the 100 have such a convoluted intake pipe? Is it to reduce noise while maintaining flow?
People think it is just for sound reduction but it's not. Search Heimholtz. Do you think the power LT6 motor cares about intake sound reduction?

People think it is just for sound reduction but it's not. Search Heimholtz. Do you think the power LT6 motor cares about intake sound reduction?

To be fair, this is a different application of the same physics. Yoshi's implementation is 100% for intake drone reduction.

I'm sorry if I confused anyone. Herman Helmholtz, born in 1821, did not design your Toyota air intake system for power. :)

220px-Hermann_von_Helmholtz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom