Air Conditioning Clutch Fails to Engage from Dash (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tried the Searches, but my Air Conditioning clutch fails to engage from the A/C button on the dash. The little green light comes on, but there is no volts at the connector on the compressor. Fuse checks out OK. If I pull the connector to the compressor off and jumper in 12v direct, the clutch operates as expected.

Is there any other stuff I can do or is the problem with the Air Con ECU???? :doh:

Sounds like your refrigerant is low. The pressure switch (I think) would not allow the clutch engagement (which could damage the compressor). Have it checked by a professional.

sjcruiser said:
Sounds like your refrigerant is low. The pressure switch (I think) would not allow the clutch engagement (which could damage the compressor). Have it checked by a professional.

I second your R-134a being low...but you can check and refill with a simple kit from any auto parts store.

edit...well that answer would be for any US spec...sorry don't know about UK spec or availability at auto parts store.

bruiser said:
Is there any other stuff I can do or is the problem with the Air Con ECU???? :doh:

IMO, diagnosing all AC problems starts with a manifold gauge set. All AC systems are basically the same and there are only a few basic problems, most all of which can be easily identified with the gauges.

Agreed.

elmariachi said:
IMO, diagnosing all AC problems starts with a manifold gauge set. All AC systems are basically the same and there are only a few basic problems, most all of which can be easily identified with the gauges.

Yup, anything less is "guessing".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom