Air con idle kick (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
for the life of me I cannot remember any of my 1985 BJ60s throttle boost when the air con kicks in.

I think its a vacume operated unit on the 1HZ fuel pump but as far as the 3B goes not sure??

Rob

i know the 13BT, 3B II and the other motors have an idle up circuit but i have never come across one for a 1985 3B...

crushers said:
i know the 13BT, 3B II and the other motors have an idle up circuit but i have never come across one for a 1985 3B...

If my 88 is a 3B and not a 3BII, then I have a 3B with an AC idle-up switch. I discovered it during my fuel pump adventure. It's a multi-part system, with a switch on the right fenderwall and an actuator at the fuel pump.

It's for sale or trade along with my entire AC system...did I mention I want a snorkel, a lift and a turbo?

the 85 3b that I put in my fj62 does not have a idle up and it works just fine , idle drops 75-100 rpm when it kicks in. This a/c was out of the 85bj60 that was the donar , do not know if it was factory or dealer added .
HTH , Daryl

i would say 95% of the ac units in the BJ60s were dealer installed. one way to tell is if the mount is case or welded... if it was cast then good chance factory, welded very good cahnce it was dealer....
cheers

crushers said:
i would say 95% of the ac units in the BJ60s were dealer installed. one way to tell is if the mount is case or welded... if it was cast then good chance factory, welded very good cahnce it was dealer....
cheers

I have to build a mount as we have a AC unit off a FJ60, actually the entire truck is a FJ60 (cleanest unit I have ever seen) must of been from Cali.

We are installing the AC, Turbo and for the real challenge a cruiser control.

Rob

mine is cast...so I have a rare one :) .
Daryl

there you go, congrates...
the cast is much stronger than most of the welded units i have seen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom