AHC LC200 takes a bow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our family hauling darn stock VDJ200 takes a bow while parked several hours, typically overnight. It lowers the front and raises the rear. Starting up it immediately adjusts by first dropping the rear and then lifting the front. No drama, but it looks weird.
It cracked open tube nr1 from pump to system last winter on a ski trip. Replaced by dealer in no time, except from overfilling the reservoir, hence marking territory with AHC spots. My first thought is to rebleed, but system works excellent except from this. Anyone experienced similar?

Our family hauling darn stock VDJ200 takes a bow while parked several hours, typically overnight. It lowers the front and raises the rear. Starting up it immediately adjusts by first dropping the rear and then lifting the front. No drama, but it looks weird.
It cracked open tube nr1 from pump to system last winter on a ski trip. Replaced by dealer in no time, except from overfilling the reservoir, hence marking territory with AHC spots. My first thought is to rebleed, but system works excellent except from this. Anyone experienced similar?
First I've heard of this issue. No lights on the dash or anything?

And when you say you cracked the line, you mean you damaged it?

Sounds like the front end is bleeding down. Perhaps internally, as you would be loosing fluid regularly enough not to notice a pool of fluid. Perhaps some foreign object or contamination in the valves from the previous fix?

From the diagram, the only way the front axle could bleed down is by way of the two central components. Either Height Control Valve or Center Suspension Control Cylinder Sub-assembly.

Does the rear end raise any further when parked, meaning do you suspect the front bleeds down into the rear? Or just the front end lowers? I would tend to suspect the Height Control Valve.

c890480f-ac4d-47ae-886f-1563879a07ae-jpeg.2224241

I do agree regarding the CSC, as it definitely raises the rear. I also asked myself if it could be front springs going soft, but the CSC should still block the fluid transfer. The habit is stronger if there has been some weight in the rear being removed after parking.

Correct, no dash lights/warnings. By cracked open I mean it cracked and emptied the system during some inspired hill climbing with wash boards and minor power slides. Transported to dealer by flatbed truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom