Aftermarket XPEL cost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prwillard2

SILVER Star
Threads
Gathering some quotes for getting the front of my 2021 HE XPEL coated. Getting quoted just under 2k for the front clip, and 6k to 7k(!) for the whole vehicle. Am I crazy in thinking that's super expensive for the whole vehicle? This is in SoCal

Curious to know this as well. Been thinking about it for my ‘15 LX. I always assumed it’s a minimum of $5K for the entire vehicle but maybe someone here has direct experience.

$7k Is absurd. These idiots don't price based on material and labor. They come up with creative pricing based on how deep they think they can sodomize you. Go shopping and push back on the price......they have lots of room to work.

If its truly a HE they have to use special XPEL. That is probably why it costs more. My base model cost 2100 for full hood, full fender, a pillars, windscreen to sunroof and door edges in November 2020.

They only had it one day but I suspect an HE would require a week to install due to how special they are and the care that will need taken when handling an HE. Be sure to let them know its an HE. They may only have the prints for a cheap base model.

Loaded with sarcasm but its laughable it has to be pointed out in so many posts.

FWIW, a dealer on this forum quotes $8500 for the full Xpel ultimate plus treatment on a 200.

I have my HE fully wrapped with xpel. You get what you pay for, and it is worth paying a bit more for really good labor. It is easy to do a crap job with this stuff and have it peeling 2-3 years down the like (i.e. dealerships). I just finished re-applying 3m wrap to portions of my gravel race bike and did a new road race frame a few month earlier. These are "easy", partial coverage applications and I sure didn't do a great job with either, but it is strictly functional so I don't care much. Point being it will peel in a year or two, but its just material cost and time, or I'll be on to a new frame anyway.

But, it is not cheap. By any means. It took a full week of labor at a really good shop that I have used for a long time.

I have my HE fully wrapped with xpel. You get what you pay for, and it is worth paying a bit more for really good labor. It is easy to do a crap job with this stuff and have it peeling 2-3 years down the like (i.e. dealerships). I just finished re-applying 3m wrap to portions of my gravel race bike and did a new road race frame a few month earlier. These are "easy", partial coverage applications and I sure didn't do a great job with either, but it is strictly functional so I don't care much. Point being it will peel in a year or two, but its just material cost and time, or I'll be on to a new frame anyway.

But, it is not cheap. By any means. It took a full week of labor at a really good shop that I have used for a long time.

What did the full coverage run you?

I spoke with a local xpel dealer and they quoted a full front at $1,700. So a full car for $6-7k is understandable. That being said I would personally never pay that price and if I was I'd go full wrap with some crazy color.

$7K+? Wow.

I wonder how much it costs to actually re-paint the vehicle…?

If its truly a HE they have to use special XPEL. That is probably why it costs more. My base model cost 2100 for full hood, full fender, a pillars, windscreen to sunroof and door edges in November 2020.

They only had it one day but I suspect an HE would require a week to install due to how special they are and the care that will need taken when handling an HE. Be sure to let them know its an HE. They may only have the prints for a cheap base model.

Loaded with sarcasm but its laughable it has to be pointed out in so many posts.
What’s special about a HE plastic wrap?

Seems about right. You do want to know if they are using templates or custom cutting the PPF. Make sure they are going over the edges or it won't look as good IMO.

Not sure where you are in SoCal, but I got my car done at Protective Film Solutions. Good guys over there.

The quote I got from local detail shop was $7,700. my wife told me I bought it to get scratched up so didn’t see the point in spending almost $8k. In the end, I agreed.

I'm not sure I have ever seen a used Land Cruiser ad that gushes about how scratch-free the paint is. Just seems like an odd thing to spend $7-8k on, when the enthusiast market (top bidding buyers) doesn't really value it 10+ years down the road. Maybe EXPEL just hasn't been around long enough for a market variance to exist between unprotected trucks and protected trucks. Maybe I'm just getting old.

To be clear, I'm not arguing against paint protection, I'm just discounting its value. The price tag is what I take issue with, not the product or its performance.

Last edited:
This is funny. It's exactly the same conversation as the thread I started and linked,.

You only want to do what you think is right, whatever that may be. :beer:

I was recently quoted $2925 for the following:

-Full front (includes mirrors, headlights, hood, fenders, bumper, and grill kit but not A pillars or partial roof)
-Rocker panels which include lower portions of doors
-Door cups and door edges
-Upper rear hatch below glass

This is an experienced installer using XPEL Ultimate Plus 7mm film and includes paint prep and minor paint correction.

This is funny. It's exactly the same conversation as the thread I started and linked,.

You only want to do what you think is right, whatever that may be. :beer:

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, there is a wide range of options for how much of the vehicle to cover. At a minimum, covering the headlights is a clear win, as replacing them if they get cracked or sun-yellowed is crazy expensive. Full front is also a great option for a lot of people, as it protects the areas that see the most damage from daily driving. Add full roof and hood if you want to protect the parts that see the most sun. Then you can go full-body wrap for maximum protection, which I think everyone would love to have, but is also easy to skip since most of the body won't be damaged from daily use / sun exposure. There is surely an option that will fit nearly anyone's situation & budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom