Aftermarket Speedometers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are people using for speedometers and sending units?
Really would like to know exactly which sending unit people use.
I'm running a SM420 to 3 speed case, just won a MetalTech
gauge bezel and would like to use it in my 40.

I'm using one from speedhut.com and a sender from jagsthatrun.com . It screws onto the speedo output on the t-case then the cable goes onto it. Speed hut also has one that works off GPS so no cable is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

I plan on getting the GPS speedo from speedhut.com...actually an entire set of gauges and use teh metaltech gauge bezel. GPS speedo, then I need not worry about wiring, sending units, etc.

I need the vss signal for the vortex computer or I would have gone with the GPS speedo also

Im using an Autometer electronic speedo and their sending unit 5292 I think is the model.

It screws into the speedo cable output on the transmission and then you attach a few wires (power, ground and signal wire) and all good to go. Haven't tested mine yet as I am just finishing off my rebuild but if I have done everything right it should be good to go.

The advantage of this one is that anytime I change the tire size, I can just re calibrate the speedo with a few buttons and miles driven and bang all good again! No need for spacers, reducers etc to "adjust" the speedo

I'm using one from speedhut.com and a sender from jagsthatrun.com . It screws onto the speedo output on the t-case then the cable goes onto it. Speed hut also has one that works off GPS so no cable is needed.

I am also using the Speedhut set based on Andy's recommendation. They are nice and customizable. However, I am running a split case and chose to go with the VSS adapter from Marlin: http://www.marlincrawler.com/transfer-case/parts-upgrade/vehicle-speed-sensor-mci
I got the plug for it out of an old Camary at the pick and pull for about a buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom