Aftermarket heater core interest (1 Viewer)

are you interested in a quality drop-in replacement heater core?

• yes

Votes: 78 91.8%
  • no

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
deltavs.com
Howdy folks. Just wondering if there is interest in producing a quality aluminum heater core "drop-in" replacement. Have a radiator manufacturer (not repair shop) we have a long history with. Have already sent a complete setup (including the plastic piece the core fits in to) for them to make first article and figure out pricing. Please vote the poll, decision will be made on that basis.

edit: 37 views and 2 votes. if you read this, please vote, it is helpful!

Last edited:
There are differences between model years that will need to be accounted for.

Rear heater core as well?

Brilliant idea.

Ok. I voted. Tell me why I should be interested. OEM discontinued or something?
Heater not needed in FL.................... your indifference answers your question................

I am many others are interested in anything made like youve made the rear bumper/console etc. Im down.

There are differences between model years that will need to be accounted for.

Noted, thank you. I can attest to the 94 fitting a 91, will have to do some digging on the 95-97 ones and figure out what the differences are. Appreciate the heads up though, very helpful.

Rear heater core as well?

Whoa there tiger, one at a time! I want to go through the process of getting everything working and make sure everybody is satisfied with quality, etc. That will certainly be on the list though.

Ok. I voted. Tell me why I should be interested. OEM discontinued or something?

Correct, NLA.

Brilliant idea.

We try.

I vote for a 95+ heater core bundled with a special price to R&R it. ;).

Seriously, this is one job no one looks forward to and which, IMHO, only 0.01% of people would replace as preventive maintnenace.

Would be nice as an option should the original core take a dump.

I think mine would have to fail before I upgraded it.. would the all aluminum one conduct heat to the cab better?

I think mine would have to fail before I upgraded it.. would the all aluminum one conduct heat to the cab better?
This was not be an “upgrade”, simply an available replacement for when one does eventually fail.

To save you any potential losses, I would take every view without a vote as a "No" and consider 1/2 of the yes votes as committed future orders.

Is there an improvement over OEM (serious question, I know very little about this particular part other then I've had to have it replaced).

If my newish one ever s***s the bed I'd def be down to try yours. Unless there's some big benefit to swapping sooner if just wait until that happens, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom