Aftermarket brakes for 2nd gen Sequoia (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SJWantsADiesel

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for any feedback on EBC brakes (rotors + pads kit) for 2nd gen Sequoia. I run EBC on my 80 and had them on my 100 with good performance. But curious if anyone’s swapped OE for EBC or any other brand? Few Amazon reviews suggest that EBC are considerably better than OE but I’d rather go by what forum members have seen first hand.

A vendor called ExitOffRoad sells a complete upgrade including calipers - not planning to yet but again, I haven’t come across forum posting about them - so if anyone has them, I’d like to hear what’s been your experience.

Thanks!

Hey bud,

We also offer a newer rotor and pad only upgrade, called Powerbrake D-Line Kit, here: Powerbrake D-Line HP Rotor and Pad Kit | Sequoia 08-22 Front - https://exitoffroad.com/product/powerbrake-d-line-hp-rotor-and-pad-kit-sequoia-08-22-front/

1695648113373.png

They came out with that earlier this year, a much more affordable option than the X-Line kit with the new 6-piston calipers and everything.

I put factory rotors and Hawk LTS pads all the way around on my Gen2 this summer. It was a much appreciated improvement over the Bosch ceramic pads I used prior. They are a little noisy at times but the stopping power is well worth it.

Looking for any feedback on EBC brakes (rotors + pads kit) for 2nd gen Sequoia. I run EBC on my 80 and had them on my 100 with good performance. But curious if anyone’s swapped OE for EBC or any other brand? Few Amazon reviews suggest that EBC are considerably better than OE but I’d rather go by what forum members have seen first hand.

A vendor called ExitOffRoad sells a complete upgrade including calipers - not planning to yet but again, I haven’t come across forum posting about them - so if anyone has them, I’d like to hear what’s been your experience.

Thanks!

Powerbrakes are great! We've installed a bunch and everyone is happy with their performance but they are pricey.

We did come up with a kit that's a little more affordable that still provides pretty good performance. We found DBA brakes to have the best rotors and carbotech 1521 compound pads for the pads. Great braking at a pretty affordable price. 0 in stock right now but we could probably get them decently quick.

I typically like to stick with OEM. I’m sure bigger aftermarket brands like Powerstop and EBC are fine, though. But avoid something like Autozone or Pepboys pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom