After market seats in a 70 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some options / pictures of after market seats in a 70 series. No suspension bases to deal with but with the cost of rebuilding factory seats I am thinking some after marlket ones maybe the way to go .

Who has them and what do you think ?

I have scheel-mann seats in mine, they are fantastic but really expensive. Not a cost saver to go that route but they really civilize the truck and look right. I have a really bad back so the cost has been worth it to me.

I still have my old seats that are in great condition, but would need to be adapted for non suspension mounting.

PXL_20220511_011827056~2.jpg

Looks like she will get Recaro's since they fell into my Lap :) I think they will look period correct and they flip and slip like any good two door seat should

Just need to get some fitting kits and bam comfy seats done

Seats.jpg

Seats1.jpg

Seats2.jpg

Those look super nice in your rig. Was there a fit kit for the suspension bases or did you have to fabricate something or do they fit directly to the base? I have suspension bases on my 70 and die for some arm rests, this looks like a good way to go. I have heard alot about these but tbh, they dont really "look" that comfy compared to say a BMW or Land Rover seat, are they worth the price in improved comfort?

Thank you! I had to get the mounting adapters fabricated for the suspension bases. I put Toby, from scheel-mann US, and the shop that made them in touch because he wanted to get them for other clients. I don't know how that played out though.

I agree they don't "look" as comfortable as some other seats out there, but where they shine is the support and points of adjustment. Get it setup perfectly for your body and it does not feel like your sitting. The position of the armrests in relation to the shifter is also very nice.

For me they have been 100% worth it because my back is shot and they're like real orthopedic seats. I don't think they're worth it if you just want to get a better than stock seat, lots of cheaper options that would also be big upgrades.

Thank you! I had to get the mounting adapters fabricated for the suspension bases. I put Toby, from scheel-mann US, and the shop that made them in touch because he wanted to get them for other clients. I don't know how that played out though.

I agree they don't "look" as comfortable as some other seats out there, but where they shine is the support and points of adjustment. Get it setup perfectly for your body and it does not feel like your sitting. The position of the armrests in relation to the shifter is also very nice.

For me they have been 100% worth it because my back is shot and they're like real orthopedic seats. I don't think they're worth it if you just want to get a better than stock seat, lots of cheaper options that would also be big upgrades.
The brackets for my scheel seats were made by a company in Bellevue, Wa. There’s info somewhere in my build thread. Let me know if it’s needed.

The brackets for my scheel seats were made by a company in Bellevue, Wa. There’s info somewhere in my build thread. Let me know if it’s needed.

Thanks but its all good I will get them made in house

I would hope with a name like barnfab if you can't make seat brackets you shouldn't be making anything.😅
No worries RHINO ... where does that leave you ....

Thanks but its all good I will get them made in house

That would be me making them in my shop yes, thanks for your concern though always good to know people hve my back lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom