Will get on this and the new fun little noises and smells it started making after my near liftoff this morning!!! It's gunna peak at 33 today so not below freezing I'll be out there f***ing with it!!This is why you bought this rig and why you joined this forum. Don't take it back to the mechanic unless you have money to just swirl away down the toilet. You can do this with help from this group. This kind of project is exactly what you need to take you from 1 to .
1. Do a search! Try things like "fuel gurgle", "Pressure gas cap", "pinched fuel vent" and see what you find.
2. AFTER you do your search and if you don't have the answer, post a NEW thread titled something like, "Back pressure in the fuel tank. What could it be?"
3. Describe your symptoms, what you've done, some of the threads you've looked at, and ask for help.
4. DO what the forum members recommend and keep people updated on your progress. Get dirty. Stay up until 2AM working on it. Bloody your knuckles. Swear at it. You're going to have to swear at it, a lot, before you can up-level on the banana rating. In some religions swearing is frowned upon. Car-swears don't count against you in heaven.
5. Take pictures along the way of what you've done.
6. Celebrate your win with a traditional IH8MUD step 6.
But DON'T pay a mechanic for stuff like this. Spend your money on tools and shop supplies and fun. You can handle it, man! You've got this!
Unless it's cold outside. If it's below freezing in your workspace, just take it to the mechanic. Screw everything I just said.