Advice on Tundra 18" Steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to do an update on this thread and thank everyone who shared their advice and photos.

Finally found a set of 5 at a reasonable price on a site allusedrims.com. They were $105 each (plus shipping), and the guy I talked to from the wheel site said they check them for trueness and refinish with powder coat. They looked brand new out of the box, was pleasantly surprised with their condition. I've been after a set for a while, but the stuff on ebay looked pretty beat up and could never get a complete set. They are pretty expensive from the dealer (lowest I've found was around $190). So this was a good deal overall, I would recommend buying from them.

For tires decided to step down from 305/65/18 to 275/70/18. Even though the steelies are 6lbs heavier than the 29lbs Tundra alloys I had before, going down to a skinnier tire probably compensated for the added weight. Acceleration feels a tad better, and the truck feels easier to turn and stop. And no more rubbing at full lock.

Overall, happy with how they turned out - thanks all for the advice.

View attachment 2863709

View attachment 2863710

View attachment 2863708
looks great!

Shameless Plug

I’ve got a set for sale in the classifieds, freshly powder coated and boxed up

8757D5D3-D60E-47C2-9938-E0A288A295B7.jpeg

Still for sale?
Sorry, No - another member purchased them with the round headlight buckets I had to complete the look.

I bet you’ll see another set pop up in the classifieds. Keep an eye out.

Sorry, No - another member purchased them with the round headlight buckets I had to complete the look.

I bet you’ll see another set pop up in the classifieds. Keep an eye out.
Are those 16’s or 18’s that you sold? Also, what size tires did you have on them? Any rubbing?

18x8 et60 oem tundra steelies

35x11.50r18 aka 285/75r18
(both dimensions listed on sidewall)
Nitto Ridge Grappler

No rubbing with pinch weld mod
Thanks for the info! I’m wanting to get a set a powder coat them white! Can you describe the “pinch weld mod”? Not familiar with it, but love the look of your setup!

@NateLC100

It’s an aggressive 0 offset but should work with some pizza cutters

They run 25% off sales every holiday

The guys aren't wrong - adding weight to the wheels/tires isn't going to help. But... do you care? Seriously.

You (and I and everyone on this forum) bought an underpowered, 5,600lb, full-time 4-wheel-drive truck. It posted %$*#y numbers out of the box.
Bumpers, roof racks, lifts, tires... yep - makes those numbers worse. I'm okay with it.

Also...
View attachment 2566899

I've had ^that^ for 10 years - six longer than any car/truck I've ever had. And I STILL look back at in parking lots. I bet the sales tax alone on all cars I haven't bought in the past 10 years more than covers the extra fuel cost ;)
Im in the Steelies camp I run em with a supercharger works great!

I read through this thread since I'm contemplating going from AUS OEM 16" Steelies with 255/85R16s up to these Tundra 18" Steelies with 285/70R18's...

I searched em up at a Dealer in Decatur, AL, Serra Toyota...they've been having good sales on and off for a while that many here have been taking advantage of, myself included. They've got these listed at $123 at the moment with up to $200 worth of free shipping right now. Oh AND Black Friday Sale 11/20 to 11/27 has them down to $100 each. Not a plug, just data.

If I could find 17" Toyota Steelies that would fit (5x150) I'd go with 34x10.5R17 for a little taller/skinnier.

I wanted OEMs, and at the time that I ordered mine there weren't many options for steel wheels available for the 100 series. I now run the Tundra 18" wheels but I think I'd rather go back to 16" wheels at some point.
Where did you source 16" steelies? I am contemplating buying a bulk lot of them (for resale) if I can find a supplier.

Where did you source 16" steelies? I am contemplating buying a bulk lot of them (for resale) if I can find a supplier.

I had found a manufacture that produces a Chinese 16" steel wheel but they wanted a 1000 wheel commitment.
They did mention that the 1000 unit was negotiable, I believe 500 was possible.
I don't recall the company but I may be able to find it again.

I had found a manufacture that produces a Chinese 16" steel wheel but they wanted a 1000 wheel commitment.
They did mention that the 1000 unit was negotiable, I believe 500 was possible.
I don't recall the company but I may be able to find it again.
Do you happen to recall pricing?

Do you happen to recall pricing?

Unfortunately, I do not. I am looking for the info now.

Another option are the LC105 16" 5x150's, part number 4261160200.
Shipping fees will be the only downside, though I have seen a few US based retailers claim stock

Unfortunately, I do not. I am looking for the info now.

Another option are the LC105 16" 5x150's, part number 4261160200.
Shipping fees will be the only downside, though I have seen a few US based retailers claim stock
The part number you listed is actually the ones I want. It seems absurd to me the difficulty of getting some of these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom