Advice on Tundra 18" Steelies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to do an update on this thread and thank everyone who shared their advice and photos.

Finally found a set of 5 at a reasonable price on a site allusedrims.com. They were $105 each (plus shipping), and the guy I talked to from the wheel site said they check them for trueness and refinish with powder coat. They looked brand new out of the box, was pleasantly surprised with their condition. I've been after a set for a while, but the stuff on ebay looked pretty beat up and could never get a complete set. They are pretty expensive from the dealer (lowest I've found was around $190). So this was a good deal overall, I would recommend buying from them.

For tires decided to step down from 305/65/18 to 275/70/18. Even though the steelies are 6lbs heavier than the 29lbs Tundra alloys I had before, going down to a skinnier tire probably compensated for the added weight. Acceleration feels a tad better, and the truck feels easier to turn and stop. And no more rubbing at full lock.

Overall, happy with how they turned out - thanks all for the advice.

View attachment 2863709

View attachment 2863710

View attachment 2863708
Can you take a pic of the type of lug nuts on these ? I bought a set online but they came without lug nuts or valve stems. Trying to figure out which ones will work. The lug nuts from my old tundra wheels don’t seem like they’re the right style.
IMG_1368.jpeg
IMG_1369.jpeg

Or if anyone has a PN for these items I’m looking my for that would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom