Advice on my BJ70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife lost her job and I have been medically retired from the federal government. She has been offered two jobs both in Alaska. One in Juneau and Bethel. If either of these jobs go through I won't be able to take my Land Cruiser with me. That means I will need to sale her. Ive been wanting a 70 series for years so when I found this one I was stoked. Ive already begun the process of breaking her down for restoration. The 3B/H55F/T-case have been pulled. Engine and separated from the transmission. I have pulled most of the interior so I can work on the floors and body. Has a locker in the rear and Brand New complete OME Heavy suspension. It is a Canadian truck so expect the normal rust. If I do need to sale her Id rather give Cruiser family a first offer on the rig. I think Id be more interested in selling as one whole vehicle but I know it would be more cost effective for me to sale broken down. As for the engine is runs fine. I was going to pull the prechambers and clean them as well as the injectors. I tier two calibration equipment that's used to calibrate standards. So I had no issues calibrating and balancing the injectors.
I really do not want to sell her. But I have no place to store her and as heart breaking as it is I feel this is the best option.

Takes time to sell pieces of a whole car and store the rest of the pieces whist waiting for someone who needs the particular part. If you sell it whole it is gone in one hit, the cheaper the quicker. Depends how much time you have, a question everyone asks themselves or should by rights.

There is usually heartbreak and money with cars, the fun bit is using it or fixing it and using it. Some, even make money!

Hey @MiniPigg, I feel your pain. It IS heartbreaking to have to sell something that you have already invested so much time and effort into. I had to do this once myself because of a move, and life changes.

IMHO - your best bet is sell it as a whole project to someone with the passion for land cruisers, don't entertain requests to buy this piece, or that piece, or you will be stuck with the majority of it when it comes time to move.

I don't suppose you have a documented build thread on this already... that would help to show what you have, and what you have done so far on it to give people an idea of what they are getting, and at what stage.

I am sorry you need to sell it, but hopefully this is not the end of your dream and you can find another one in the near future once things settle down for you! :cheers:

Selling a non-running rusty project will get you pennies on the dollar. It's going to be really lowballed as no-one can really verify it's "working". Worked when parked right?

IMO, it's probably only worth a couple grand tops in current condition. That the unfortunate part of torn apart rigs.

Sorry you have to sell.

take the Juneau job, just saying ;) if you want to experience the "bush" life and dust in your home and possibly experience racism and no trees and lots of mosquito's, choose Betherl. too bad you've already torn her down, makes moving it a real pain. if you have some time then try parting it out, you won't get much for a Canadian 70 unfortunately.

Hello,

Sorry to hear this.

Not many people are interested in a project rig that sits disassembled. "It ran when parked" comes to mind.

Parting it out may be as heartbreaking as selling it, perhaps more.

If it is not that difficult to put it all back together, think about putting it on a trailer and bringing it with you.

Juan

It’s really not difficult to put it all back together.

Running and back together would make it much more valuable.

Post some pastures of the lot. May help giving advice.
I did some stalking...

img_2003-jpeg.2070409

Now with photos come the questions, haha. Who makes the front window rain guards? They are a lot lower profile than the usual JDM ones.

Also agreed, its a shame you cannot take it. If you are planning on coming back there is always the long term storage option. However, if you are selling I agree if you put it back together you are going to get far more for it and it will be a lot easier to sell than just as parts.

Congratulations!! I always end up regretting selling cruisers that I have had. Something about a 70 series is just magical. I just drive mine to drive it with no destination in mind.. get it back up and running and enjoy!

Welcome to the Westside. We have a large cruiser population over here. Seattle Cruiserheads (active on facebook and google groups) is the local club. We meet up the second Tuesday of each month. Where are you moving to over here?

YES! Looks like we are going to move to Seattle. 😁😁😁
I get to keep my cruiser. It’s a real relief.
A helluva lot better than Bethel. You really dodged a bullet there. :)

The 70 would have been welcome in Juneau.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom