Advice on lifting my fzj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I did my lift with stock panhards, my axles were way offcenter. It looked like it was riding sideways they were so far off. Also one tire was really close to the frame on the rear.

Ome does? I've looked on their site, can't find anything.

As with all springs depending on rig weight,,, the J front/heavy rear setup nets ~3.5-4" of lift.

View attachment 951052 Slee 6" front, 4" rear(no stinkbuggin) coils. You don't need all the 'other parts' except the caster plates and brakelines. Buy the rest as you get $ or want. The $30(summit racing) procomp es1000 shocks work as good as the 150k mile stock ones did :D

Thanks for everyone showing me the J springs. I kept looking for a 3 or 4" kit from OME.

If I went with the J springs, all I would need is caster plates and brakelines correct? I figure Ill get the ARB panhard bar as well.

Slee is telling me i need their whole 4 inch kit. I was thinking of making longer bump stops once I had everything installed and flexed out, but other than that I should be good?

I was in need of adjustable front panhard when upgrade my front coils to 4" .. still have the rear stock since I not decided yet If I'm going to raise the axle panhard point . ..

Thanks for everyone showing me the J springs. I kept looking for a 3 or 4" kit from OME.

If I went with the J springs, all I would need is caster plates and brakelines correct? I figure Ill get the ARB panhard bar as well.

Slee is telling me i need their whole 4 inch kit. I was thinking of making longer bump stops once I had everything installed and flexed out, but other than that I should be good?

Most likely CC and brake lines for sure. I oringally has CC bushings, after the J lift I had to go back to stock bushing and CC plates. I used MetalTechs

Most likely CC and brake lines for sure. I oringally has CC bushings, after the J lift I had to go back to stock bushing and CC plates. I used MetalTechs

I went with the OME heavies up front and mediums out back with MAF 30mm spacers front and rear. that gave me 3.75" of total lift. 4" extended brake lines, and 4" longer shocks. (the cheapie Pro Comp ES1000's) That set up has treated me quite well on and off road and it didn't break the bank. I also added the 3" MAF drop brackets which brought my front arms back to the factory angle. I'm running the factory arms and factory panhards and have no complaints. I do plan to run a dc front driveshaft eventually, but at this point I have zero vibes or front end issues so it hasn't been high on my list.

This is the best side profile pic I have of my rig.

I am running OME J's front and rear (850, 863) and OME shocks. The lift was on it when I bought it. In my possession, I have done caster plates from Ironman 4x4, extended brake lines from man-a-fre, and 2" front spring spacers from metal tech. I DO NOT have extended bump stops, and don't have an adjustable panhard. Currently not running a front sway, as it was ripped off (even with drop brackets) Tire size 37x12.5

EDIT: also running a DC front shaft.

Last edited:
Wow. Not even a duplicate post but the rare quadracate (new word) post. That's some serious spazing on the website. I wonder why there has been so many duplicate posts in the last few days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom