Need advice on some Squeaky squeaky (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve got a pronounced squeaking when I go backwards/reverse coming from what sounds like the passenger rear area. Hard to tell exactly.

Replaced all the pads and front rotors. Replaced the parking brake shoes even though they looked fine. Replaced right front caliper, unrelated. Greased the driveline. And still can’t figure out the squeak.

Does not squeak when stopped.
Does squeak a bit when going forward if not accelerating. Much louder in reverse.

Rear rotors could probably use to be replaced.

I’m not sure what to try next. Thoughts? Ideas? Advice? Questions? Mockery…I take it all. Just need some help. 😁

What year/model 80 Series and how many miles on it?

How did the symptoms start, all of sudden or slowly over weeks, months getting worse?

Did the symptoms start after any service or extreme activity (off-road adventures or accidents)?

Does this occur (worse) when you reverse forcefully say up an incline?

Does this occur if the vehicle is coasting in neutral (engine running or off?) or does it occur just when under load?

Does the noise change with road speed?

Does the noise change when you apply the brakes (main or emergency)??

Are there any leaks from the rear axle?

Have the rear axle/hub bearings ever been serviced?

Is there gear oil in the transfer case and differentials?

Have you lubed the driveshaft slip yolk and U-joints?

I’ve got a pronounced squeaking when I go backwards/reverse coming from what sounds like the passenger rear area. Hard to tell exactly.

Replaced all the pads and front rotors. Replaced the parking brake shoes even though they looked fine. Replaced right front caliper, unrelated. Greased the driveline. And still can’t figure out the squeak.

Does not squeak when stopped.
Does squeak a bit when going forward if not accelerating. Much louder in reverse.

Rear rotors could probably use to be replaced.

I’m not sure what to try next. Thoughts? Ideas? Advice? Questions? Mockery…I take it all. Just need some help. 😁
Please take a video, post it on YouTube, then include a link.

Do it from a few different angles and try to keep wind noise at a minimum.

We've been known to diagnose an issue accurately in under 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom