Advice - hoping to sell 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was relocated to Alberta for work in 2020 from Texas. First order of business when i got here was to purchase a LC 100 because i needed a snow beast. LCs are very hard to find in Canada. I bought one for $26k Canadian (roughly 165,000 miles). At the time, i knew it was a little expensive, but i really wanted one.

Fast forward to today, we are being relocated back to Texas, and I'd like to sell the car. I cannot find anyone to pay me more than $16k CAD (has 170k miles now). It is in great condition. Mild surface rust on the undercarriage. Cab is excellent condition. Still needs the timing belt and water pump to be repaired, but otherwise solid maintenence records. Do i

a) sell it for $16k CAD
b) bring it w me to Texas and try to sell it there
c) hold on to it until the economic turbulence subsides and there is a decent bid in the market again

thanks
IMG_1029.JPG

for my two cents, I'd road trip it to Texas. Even after that trip you'll have a sub-200k mile 100 series. Not sure the market is any better for it in Texas, but then you wont be in a rush to sell either.

Sell it.

The brutal truth is you bought high at the peak of the bubble. Importing will be a pain and you can just replace it if you want another. All you have to do is take one look at the classifieds here or online and you can see the ones priced out of the market are piling up. No one in Texas is going to buy a rusted truck.

Sell it before everyone else starts lowering their prices.

Sell it.

The brutal truth is you bought high at the peak of the bubble. Importing will be a pain and you can just replace it if you want another. All you have to do is take one look at the classifieds here or online and you can see the ones priced out of the market are piling up. No one in Texas is going to buy a rusted truck.

Thanks. I think you’re right

Sell it.

Importing isn't terribly difficult. I brought an '05 4Runner into NY back in ~2017 and it was actually surprisingly easy. My only concern would be the potential rust, but "minor surface rust" is no different than what'll be found on most 100s in the States.

Yeah I'd keep it. You overpaid a little, not the end of the world, but that would still be a great daily driver in Texas and still sought after by enthusiasts down there too. Make sure to do the official import/registration paperwork before taking it for service anywhere - sometimes a shop will input the KM as Miles on their service record, then you have a mileage discrepancy on a VIN report later on when you try and sell it which can blemish your listing.

Yeah I'd keep it. You overpaid a little, not the end of the world, but that would still be a great daily driver in Texas and still sought after by enthusiasts down there too. Make sure to do the official import/registration paperwork before taking it for service anywhere - sometimes a shop will input the KM as Miles on their service record, then you have a mileage discrepancy on a VIN report later on when you try and sell it which can blemish your listing.
As this is a 100-series Land Cruiser and not a Lexus LX 470 sold in Canada the odometer must be in miles already unless it was replaced for kms 🤔 Also, it must have been imported into Canada from US at some point as none of them were sold here in the past.

As this is a 100-series Land Cruiser and not a Lexus LX 470 sold in Canada the odometer must be in miles already unless it was replaced for kms 🤔 Also, it must have been imported into Canada from US at some point as none of them were sold here in the past.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had looked at an LX470 here that was CAD delivered and there was the "odometer rollback" issue on the CarFax although the speedometer/odometer had been changed to Miles.

@clueless2 Did you sell the Land Cruiser or decided to keep and take it with you to Texas? I noticed both of your ads are removed now from Kijiji and AutoTrader in Calgary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom