Addicted or afflicted : you decide (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In two and a half weeks Virginia and I are headed west once again. This time in the dead of winter. First stop, Buffalo Wyoming to check up on real estate. Then on over to Oroville Ca for Christmas celebrations. Eventually we will head south to Death Valley, then east to Great Basin, Grand Staircase, and the Moab region. Once we have had our fill of Moab, (we always gotta take in the Moab region seemingly on every trip, I think it is either an ADDICTION or an AFFLICTION) then on down to the Painted Desert, then head east through Gila, traversing the back roads of New Mexico ending up at Big Bend Ranch & Big Bend NP. All in all between an 8,000 and 10,000 mile round trip. Our gear keeps us warm down to around 15 degrees so the temps will dictate our travels. For instance, if we learn that Great Basin NP is rather nasty and below zero at night then we'll keep heading south to Mohave Preserve, Joshua Tree NP, etc etc. I just hate the idea of being anywhere near Los Angeles or Las Vegas. (been there, done that). No matter what the temps, we will be camping somewhere in the Moab region. I cannot think of a better way to welcome the New Year than being amoungst the redrocks decorated with snow.
The only deadlines we must meet will to be getting to Oroville by the 24th and back home before the end of January. Cool, our snow chains arrived today!

Nonetheless, anyone else in the TLCA family interested in joining us for a bit while we are out and about PM me and we'll make arrangements to meet up, camp and run together for a bit.

With any luck at all I'm hoping to tell an even better story than my last one. Enjoy !!

Toyota Trails - November/December 2018 Issue

I have yet to dig into my latest issue of TT. Another trip report from from Don?

Nice!

Good luck, THAT is what I'd like to be doing!
Rubicondon53, where in PA are you located? I'm in eastern PA, 'about 30 miles west of Philly, Glenmoore.

Will unfortunately miss the get together that's coming up due to other commitments.

Rubicondon53, where in PA are you located? I'm in eastern PA, 'about 30 miles west of Philly, Glenmoore.

Will unfortunately miss the get together that's coming up due to other commitments.
If anyone can make something like THAT happen, it's YOU Mac.

I'm up in Wernersville. Just west of Reading. Glenmoore's on the mainline isn't it?

Hi Don, I’ve yet to meet you in person and look forward to the day... in the meantime, you’re going to be in the area so check out the CA back country discovery route (southern). We rode much of it this past fall and although designed for motorcycles, I noticed most of it would have been just great in a Land Cruiser as well! I was impressed with the incredible beauty of this area! A great launch point/camp town would be Green Valley, CA. Let me know if you need additional info or contact info of someone there who is local.

California Backcountry Discovery Route (CABDR)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom