Add Manual T56 Trans to 5.3 LS swapped 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all

My LS swap being completed, I am now thinking of adding in my DREAM - a clutch pedal. Surprised to see no options at advance adapters to support a manual. Has anyone swapped in a T5 or T56 trans? Do I need to replace the t-case (and if so, with what?)

Appreciate any feedback.

Pic of my rig.
20220117_105645.jpeg

Scott

Most of the T56s I’ve seen have the shifter at the rear of the trans and are set up for a RWD. NVG4500 would likely be MUCH easier. 🤷‍♂️ Idk though. I’m sure you’ll get some better advice than I’ve got to offer.

Neither a t56 not a t56 is designed to handle the weight and stress off roading would put on them.

This is why the viper truck(srt10 ram) has no towing capacity.

Most of the T56s I’ve seen have the shifter at the rear of the trans and are set up for a RWD. NVG4500 would likely be MUCH easier. 🤷‍♂️ Idk though. I’m sure you’ll get some better advice than I’ve got to offer.

The rwd is something I didn't consider. I don't know of a tailhousing for them to mate to any t-case.

My shop said the NVs are junk. Any other options that would work with the LS and Toyota TC?

You might as well buy another 80 and LS/manual swap that one since you’re going to have to redo 80% of the swap you just did.

Your options to keep the 80 T-case are NV4500 or H151

I recently put a Tremec 4050 in a 60 series with the stock split case. You can go that route and put the split case, twin sticks and manual hubs up front.

You might as well buy another 80 and LS/manual swap that one since you’re going to have to redo 80% of the swap you just did.

Your options to keep the 80 T-case are NV4500 or H151
Why? Isnt it just a new trans, output shaft (maybe) and adapter?

Why? Isnt it just a new trans, output shaft (maybe) and adapter?

Crossmember, driveshafts, shifter mods, ECU/wiring (application dependent), exhaust, adapter,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom