Adaptive Cruise generations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After the 2016 update does the adaptive cruise control function both in the Cruiser & LX570 in stop and go traffic?

It appears that up to 2015 adaptive Cruise on the LX was just for higher speed driving?

Depends on what you mean by stop and go:

1. For the LC the system kicks cruise off when speed drops below about 25MPH.

2. There is a whole laundry list of when not to use it (basically almost telling us to never use it) probably inserted by the legal staff. See the following from the Owner's Manual:

Situations unsuitable for dynamic radar cruise control
Do not use dynamic radar cruise control in any of the following situations. Doing so may result in inappropriate speed control and could cause an accident resulting in death or serious injury.
●Roads where there are pedestrians, cyclists, etc.
●In heavy traffic
●On roads with sharp bends
●On winding roads
●On slippery roads, such as those covered with rain, ice or snow
●On steep downhills, or where there are sudden changes between sharp up and down gradients Vehicle speed may exceed the set speed when driving down a steep hill.
●At entrances to freeways and highways
●When weather conditions are bad enough that they may prevent the sensors from detecting correctly (fog, snow, sandstorm, heavy rain, etc.)
●When there is rain, snow, etc. on the front surface of the radar sensor or camera sensor
●In traffic conditions that require frequent repeated acceleration and deceleration
●When your vehicle is towing a trailer or during emergency towing
●When an approach warning buzzer is heard often

Edit: I feel like I should mention that I use it in many of the above situations and it functions just fine.

Last edited:
Bummer.

I have been borrowing a vehicle with adaptive cruise. It is amazing in stop in go.

My 2015 Subaru Outback with eyesight can do stop and go traffic on the freeway. The eyesight with the adaptive cruise control works really well. The adaptive cruise control on my 2019 LC is not as refined as my Subaru. It works well for maintaining a following distance on the interstate, but I would not trust it for much more than that.

Kind of off-subject but kinda not, does anyone know how to increase and decrease speed increments by one (1mph) instead of five (5mph) on the 2015 LX570 with radar? This drives me crazy!!!

Kind of off-subject but kinda not, does anyone know how to increase and decrease speed increments by one (1mph) instead of five (5mph) on the 2015 LX570 with radar? This drives me crazy!!!
The normal cruise control function on the LC allows you to do that. The Adaptive Cruise Control only works in 5 mph increments. Old design. My Outback with Eyesite allows 1 mph increments, plus stop and go. Toyota needs to provide that kind of functionality ASAP.

The normal cruise control function on the LC allows you to do that. The Adaptive Cruise Control only works in 5 mph increments. Old design. My Outback with Eyesite allows 1 mph increments, plus stop and go. Toyota needs to provide that kind of functionality ASAP.
Agreed, so if I bypass the adaptive cruise (which I just figured out how to do after my roadtrip, smh) I can go in 1mph increments you think?

Wait a minute, how do you bypass the adaptive CC?? Please tell me!
You have to set the cruise, then push and hold the "cruise on" button. It should turn "dynamic cruise" off.

Are you kidding me??? Well dont I feel like a complete idiot! My wife and I have been CURSING that thing on every road trip for YEARS! I cant wait to try it, hope it works on a 13 TLC. Thank you!

Are you kidding me??? Well dont I feel like a complete idiot! My wife and I have been CURSING that thing on every road trip for YEARS! I cant wait to try it, hope it works on a 13 TLC. Thank you!
Hope so too!! yeah, like I said earlier I just found it out a week ago after multiple long ass roadtrips over the last three years of ownership!!

Situations unsuitable for dynamic radar cruise control
Do not use dynamic radar cruise control in any of the following situations. Doing so may result in inappropriate speed control and could cause an accident resulting in death or serious injury.
●Anytime you would like an enjoyable, efficient driving experience.

Fixed. ;)

My '20 TLC has 1 mph increments for adaptive control, but I think it still does not go all the way to stopping the vehicle (but I have not been willing to test it in a real-world situation).

I use the ACC every chance I get and I love it. So there... nyah! :p

2019 LC. Can adjust in 1 mph increment. Awesome on highway. Very smooth. Not jerky like in my GX. I use it daily.

NO STOP N GO.

Thanks for all the responses. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom