acid staining concrete and tapering tile (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I have a tile floor with a carpet inset (think of it as a carpet island in a mostly tile room). The carpet section is getting older and I am looking at replacing it with either tile or what I really want to do is some stain. The proble with staining the concrete is getting a good transition from the tile to the concrete.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to get at least a reasonably seamless transition from tile to concrete???

How about doing a concrete overlay where your carpet was to bring it up to the level of the tile, and then acid stain.

Thats a possibility I guess..

but I would rather leave it the same height in case I end up figuring a good version of tile to replace it.

less than 1/2"

I have to think that the dogs feet (labs) would be hard on hardwood floors...

But it is something to think about.

I'll take a pic of the area that needs to be replaced..

probably 3/8" it will be hard to transiton that from the tile to the exist concrete, I like danimal's suggestion the new pergo type floorings are not real wood they would hold up to the dogs wear and tear...

We have the fake hardwood flooring in half of our house. The pack of Beagles and the Basset have no problem with the hardwood.

I have to think that the dogs feet (labs) would be hard on hardwood floors....

I think birfield would get used to slowing down on the wood real fast. Watching the first time the dogs try to do a high speed turn on hardwood is priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom