Accident/Insurance Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that's a really good offer, what insurance you have? i may need to switch haha!

Drive/Progressive - whatever they call themselves these days. Honestly, I think that I just got lucky with a good adjuster. I have heard very mixed things about them from others.

Looks like I am going to be back in the market for a clean, low mile 2003-2005 Land Cruiser...

They are paying you out Sales Tax and registration too, right? That's another couple thousand dollars.

Drive/Progressive - whatever they call themselves these days. Honestly, I think that I just got lucky with a good adjuster. I have heard very mixed things about them from others.

Looks like I am going to be back in the market for a clean, low mile 2003-2005 Land Cruiser...
You might want to test drive a 200 to see if you like them. The 100 looks better but the 200 has more safety features, more power, more towing, better mpg. However, you might prefer the driving experience and character of the 100.

They are paying you out Sales Tax and registration too, right? That's another couple thousand dollars.

Yes. Both will paid in addition to the quote above.

Damn, They offered me $8100 for my LX with 180k miles. Did they negotiate prices with you? They told me straight up they would not negotiate the trucks value at all and I have Progressive as well. I was hoping to get in the $10k range since that's what I would need for a new truck in this condition.

Mine is a 1999, but still. It is in awesome condition and had basically brand new BFG K02's. They added nothing to the value for the tires or service history which I also thought was BS. Does 6 years really take off that much value geez

Last edited:
Damn, They offered me $8100 for my LX with 180k miles. Did they negotiate prices with you? They told me straight up they would not negotiate the trucks value at all and I have Progressive as well. I was hoping to get in the $10k range since that's what I would need for a new truck in this condition.

Mine is a 1999, but still. It is in awesome condition and had basically brand new BFG K02's. They added nothing to the value for the tires or service history which I also thought was BS. Does 6 years really take off that much value geez

I believe there is ALWAYS room for negotiation on these. They will portray the inability to move the price, but often that's just a sales line. It's always a negotiation.

6 years newer and 55k fewer miles. I think that'll do it. The 05 was 30% newer with 30% fewer miles. Your 99 is practically fully depreciated while the 05 with 125k miles still has a ways to go.

If you think they're not giving you enough to go buy a similar rig, show them examples and plead your case. Tires, wear items and service won't help your case, but permanent upgrades might (armor, locking diff, stereo, etc...). Depends on your policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom