Accelerator/throttle cable adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys

Just wanted to know if anybody had anything in their FSM about the correct adjustment on accelerator and throttle cable for a 1FZ FE ?

Was doing the spark plugs and while trying to get to plugs 4-6 I may have either stretched something or put it out of whack, pedal stays slightly down after it’s been touched and doesn’t fully return

It will sit on about 1100-1200 revs then once I pull the accelerator pedal back towards myself drops back down to a cool 900-950

Regards mick

Idle speed is dictated by the ECU and the idle air control valve.

When adjusting your throttle cable, adjust it to take out any slack. I try to set it so it's right on the cusp of cracking the throttle when there's some input on the pedal.

Sounds like you might need to lubricate the throttle cable.

I'd use graphite powder myself, but that suggestion has been criticised in the past, so YMMV

Idle speed is dictated by the ECU and the idle air control valve.

When adjusting your throttle cable, adjust it to take out any slack. I try to set it so it's right on the cusp of cracking the throttle when there's some input on the pedal.

Sounds like you might need to lubricate the throttle cable.

I'd use graphite powder myself, but that suggestion has been criticised in the past, so YMMV

I’m looking to replace the throttle cable all together as it’s had a really hard life! but but all of the 4WD places here in aus are saying that they’re ‘no longer avalaible’

4843DCC5-8927-4AEA-B791-F20C1EFCD606.png

that cracking of the outside insulator, if it were mine id remove the cable from vehicle and put some heat shrink over it and then some conduit if you like..
The exhaust manifold heat is the cause of that, there is not much you can do about it. Whilst the cable is out is a good time to clean and re-lube the insides of it much like clutch / throttle cables on motor bikes - youd be surprised how much crap comes out and how much nicer the cable will run back n forth

also slack wise, have someone hold the pedal to the floor and adjust the two locknuts so the cable is taught at that point, there should be some slack when at rest

Have you rung Toyota for a new cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom