Acceleration Noise/Stereo Noise After Replacing Compressor ONLY When AC Is Running. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,

I recently became the owner of a 100-series I love dearly. However, I've been having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.

When purchased, I replaced the AC compressor right away. With the new compressor, I noticed as I accelerated with the AC on, that there was a subtle whine/noise that goes away when I turn the AC off. I took it back to the mechanic who did the work, and they couldn't seem to find the issue. Fast forward to now, the noise remains with the AC on, when I'm accelerating, and within the ~ 0 - 40mph speed. Seems more prominent when the car is cold.

From there, I noticed another issue. When I use my Bluetooth receiver in the cigarette lighter, it sounds perfectly clear until I turn the AC on, to which it produces a really high-pitched frequency. If I turn the AC off, the signal is clear and without noise.

TL:DR -- Since getting a new AC compressor, both acceleration noise and audio feedback are an issue, only when the AC is running.

Would love to find a way to fix this, and I'm hoping it's not in the form of a new alternator.

Appreciate your time, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom