Accelera Badak Xtreme = radial bogger with center bar (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So while doing some tire stalking on the internet a while ago I found these and sent a few emails back and forth and picked up a set of 35x10.50x16s. All the sizes they have are 10.50 wide and range from 31s to 35s with 35s. The only option for a 16” wheel is the 35s. When I first saw these on the Indonesian accelera site all I could think is “It’s a radial bogger with a center bar”. So now that I actually have them all I can say is the pictures don’t do them justice. These things are meaty. I was running 36x13.50x16 iroks, which run tall and Interco specs out at 36.8 and these are only 1/8” shorter if them. I mounted them last night and took a drive on them and they actually ride and handle really well for how aggressive they are, especially since they are unbalanced. I’m getting them balanced this week just to see how much weight they will take but more than likely will run balance bags in them after a couple trail runs. They are loud, like Bogger loud but I like that. The 35 weighed in at 72 lbs and is about 25/32 tread depth at the center. As for hardness, my durometer has them at at 61 or 62 compared to my iroks at 60 or 61. I’m hopefully going to get to give them some trail time in the next few weeks and will report back with more info but I’m expecting in mud they will be amazing and I’m thinking they will do pretty well on rocks also especially since they actually have a little bit of lateral stability. Also I found with some additional internet stalking Accelera has a guide for cutting the tread based on what kind of terrain you are mainly using them in. Yes this will void the DOT certification and warranty but I don’t know another company who does this.

In The pic with 3 different tires all of them are at 28 lbs on FJ80 wheels. It is a 37x12.50 SSR swamper on the left, the Badak and the 36x13.50 bias ply Irok. My 80 is sitting on OME J springs with a 30mm spacer up front and J’s in the back. Right now they have 30 psi in them but that might be a little high. They are load range C and they appear to be very well built. I’ll try to take some better pics of them on the 80 when it’s not raining or dark.

A company called tire streets is the main distributor for these and the are retailing for $198 a piece. Not to mention they have a return period if you hate them and it’s free shipping. Hit me up if you got more questions because I am sure I am forgetting some stuff.

BBDF95A7-E9FE-46D7-92AC-6809F6039C52.jpeg

863451D1-95C7-46F8-9729-3B07FB6DC6DC.jpeg

C274163E-0EF8-4CA8-AB1E-D27B64FE4D1B.jpeg

910D6AD0-4453-40AA-B243-AE19F4FE0F59.jpeg

39E254A4-0878-4F2B-8D87-5720D075B943.jpeg

I'm sad they aren't selling a 17"

These look really durable and awesome. I wonder, though, how flexible the sidewalls and tread will be when aired down. Traction performance in the rocks will depend on that. Also will the beads hold reasonably, for those not running beadlocks. Will be waiting for your reports.:popcorn:👍

Was following lead on skinny tires and find just exactly what I had in mind. Thank you. And those tires give me wood. Ordered some and got this code, says I will get ten percent off too. Doubt I will be after tires for awhile but maybe someone can use it. Products

Last edited:
Made in Indonesia. Better than China!

Accelera Badak X-Treme - https://tirestreets.com/products/accelera-badak-x-treme?variant=31624008695866

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.52.25 PM.png

The comparable 35x10.50/16 Super Swamper Bogger is less than 35" tall and $350 each. The Boggers are 10 ply, these are 6 ply rated. So Id think they'd be a little flexier on rocks.

Looks like they also used your picture on their website!

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.55.43 PM.png

Outside diameter listed as 35.6!

So I can get 5 of these shipped to my door for $900 with the 10% off code? Or 4 for $720? Dang, thats basically irresistible.

Made in Indonesia. Better than China!

Accelera Badak X-Treme - https://tirestreets.com/products/accelera-badak-x-treme?variant=31624008695866

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.52.25 PM.png

The comparable 35x10.50/16 Super Swamper Bogger is less than 35" tall and $350 each. The Boggers are 10 ply, these are 6 ply rated. So Id think they'd be a little flexier on rocks.

Looks like they also used your picture on their website!

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.55.43 PM.png

Outside diameter listed as 35.6!

So I can get 5 of these shipped to my door for $900 with the 10% off code? Or 4 for $720? Dang, thats basically irresistible.

I love mine. They are radials and while they are loud the don’t ride horrible. I’ve had them basically in every terrain except the slick rock out west and they hold their own very well. Did better than expected on the rocks here on the east coast and with the center bar they are pretty stable. On my heavy 80 I did have to run a little more pressure in them than I did in my Iroks when I aired down on the trails but my Iroks were 13.50 bias ply on factory 80 wheels. For the price though you really can’t go wrong. Also they are unstoppable in mud which is kind of a given with that tread.

Last edited:
I love mine. They are radials and while they are loud the don’t ride horrible. I’ve had them basically in every terrain except the slick rock out west and they hold their own very well. Did better than expected on the rocks here on the east coast and with the center bar they are pretty stable. On my heavy 80 I did have to run a little more pressure in them than I did in my Iroks when I aired down on the trails but my Iroks were 13.50 bias ply on factory 80 wheels. For the price though you really can’t go wrong. Also they are unstoppable in mud which is kind of a given with that tread.
Wait, they're radials? Really?

So while doing some tire stalking on the internet a while ago I found these and sent a few emails back and forth and picked up a set of 35x10.50x16s. All the sizes they have are 10.50 wide and range from 31s to 35s with 35s. The only option for a 16” wheel is the 35s. When I first saw these on the Indonesian accelera site all I could think is “It’s a radial bogger with a center bar”. So now that I actually have them all I can say is the pictures don’t do them justice. These things are meaty. I was running 36x13.50x16 iroks, which run tall and Interco specs out at 36.8 and these are only 1/8” shorter if them. I mounted them last night and took a drive on them and they actually ride and handle really well for how aggressive they are, especially since they are unbalanced. I’m getting them balanced this week just to see how much weight they will take but more than likely will run balance bags in them after a couple trail runs. They are loud, like Bogger loud but I like that. The 35 weighed in at 72 lbs and is about 25/32 tread depth at the center. As for hardness, my durometer has them at at 61 or 62 compared to my iroks at 60 or 61. I’m hopefully going to get to give them some trail time in the next few weeks and will report back with more info but I’m expecting in mud they will be amazing and I’m thinking they will do pretty well on rocks also especially since they actually have a little bit of lateral stability. Also I found with some additional internet stalking Accelera has a guide for cutting the tread based on what kind of terrain you are mainly using them in. Yes this will void the DOT certification and warranty but I don’t know another company who does this.

In The pic with 3 different tires all of them are at 28 lbs on FJ80 wheels. It is a 37x12.50 SSR swamper on the left, the Badak and the 36x13.50 bias ply Irok. My 80 is sitting on OME J springs with a 30mm spacer up front and J’s in the back. Right now they have 30 psi in them but that might be a little high. They are load range C and they appear to be very well built. I’ll try to take some better pics of them on the 80 when it’s not raining or dark.

A company called tire streets is the main distributor for these and the are retailing for $198 a piece. Not to mention they have a return period if you hate them and it’s free shipping. Hit me up if you got more questions because I am sure I am forgetting some stuff.

View attachment 2406582

View attachment 2406585

View attachment 2406587

View attachment 2406592

View attachment 2406593
@Ploeg82 , how close is the height dimension measure to stated size? also, how are they wearing? thanks

I see they are listing a 35x10.5 in 15" now too :) That's encouraging, though no specs yet, and showing as "sold out".

Last edited:
The 35s when mounted are a tad bigger than 35” the 37s mounted are a true 37” tire. I have a set of both now. The 37s are going to be perfect under the cruiser. I have a little over 3,000 miles on the 35s and they seem to be wearing very well given how aggressive they are. I have a slight bit of cupping on the front 2 but I think that might have to do with just realizing I need to redo the wheel bearings. I bet they have lost less than a couple 32nds of tread tops. You have to pay very close attention to tire pressure though and find the right tire pressure for your rig. I can’t wait to try the 37s out in a couple weekend. Here is a comparison pic of the 35 and 37 Badak not mounted vs a 37x12.50x16 SSR that was just taken off the wheel 2 minutes before. The 37s weigh 79 pounds and the lugs for look physically bigger to me but I haven’t pulled out the depth gauge yet
1A5FF4D5-F13B-44FB-8DB4-181B3823D5D6.jpeg

9BE41990-6FA5-46DA-AEBA-AC1CF4520352.jpeg

The 35s when mounted are a tad bigger than 35” the 37s mounted are a true 37” tire. I have a set of both now. The 37s are going to be perfect under the cruiser. I have a little over 3,000 miles on the 35s and they seem to be wearing very well given how aggressive they are. I have a slight bit of cupping on the front 2 but I think that might have to do with just realizing I need to redo the wheel bearings. I bet they have lost less than a couple 32nds of tread tops. You have to pay very close attention to tire pressure though and find the right tire pressure for your rig. I can’t wait to try the 37s out in a couple weekend. Here is a comparison pic of the 35 and 37 Badak not mounted vs a 37x12.50x16 SSR that was just taken off the wheel 2 minutes before. The 37s weigh 79 pounds and the lugs for look physically bigger to me but I haven’t pulled out the depth gauge yet View attachment 2644219

View attachment 2644225
DAMN!!!! that's one mothering toothsome tire. puts the fear of God into weaker men. :hillbilly:
it's lookin' like the 33's in this tire or a set of p78 buckshot mudders. i've run buckshots on a previous beast n was very happy with em but the badak is probably the one i'm going with. won't have get 16's for rims so $$$ ahead. thanks for the reply bud👍

These are in fact a great tire. I was an Accelera fan from their street tires that I used on my track car (accelera 651 sport 100 treadwear) when I saw they had come out with an extreme off road tire, I knew I had to have it. Have not been disappointed. As op has stated, they’re extremely loud, mine never did balance out so I took all the weights off (haven’t tried beads/bags), wear so far on mine(like op) shows minor cupping. I just rotate them periodically and all is well
By the way OP. What pressure did you find worked well for you? My driving pressure oddly enough is at 22-24psi. Wheeling I’ll air down to 10-12 for the tough trails.

4CF6B91C-7095-4197-AA87-188EA5A9F546.jpeg

On my heavy FZJ80 I am running 29 front and 26 rear. The front of my 80 is heavy though with the Warn 8274 and ARB bumper.

I was about to order a set of 31s can you tell me how they are wearing and could these be used on a daily driver. I greatly appreciate any help you can give.

I was about to order a set of 31s can you tell me how they are wearing and could these be used on a daily driver. I greatly appreciate any help you can give.
Well I’ll say this. They are wearing as well as any super swamper I have ever had. Just rotate them religiously and they will be much better off. They are super aggressive so you have to know that and be ok with dailying a tire this aggressive. If you are just going 15-20 miles a day or something I think they’d be fine. I would not want to drive them 100+ miles a day just because they are an aggressive tire that is going to wear quicker than a regular MT. Like I said mine are wearing very well for as aggressive as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom