AC thermo and pressure switches are they NO or NC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
Getting ready to tackle the ac portion of my swap. My rig was originally an auto 4x4 so my amplifier wants items I cannot supply. Therefore I'm wiring up my ac like a vintage ac system using the thermo resistor and the low pressure switch to kill the power for the ac relay.

I have these both in hand but it's hard to bench test them without freezing them or charging the system and since r134 isn't free I want to be sure they are good before I charge her.

Does anyone know if these guys are normal open or Normally closed? I'm thinking the resistor is normally closed and the pressure switch is normally open

Scratch that. I'm going with the trinary switch from vintage air. It will control my electric fan so the fan only comes on when pressure demands and will cut power to the clutch if the pressures gets above or below a a set point (leak/clog/freeze)

Not I just need to find out where in the system to mount this animal.

For those that have modded rigs or you don't want to mess with figuring out wiring, this switch mounts on the high pressure side of the compressor. Usually used with adding ac to a vehicle that didn't originally have ac....like an ls1 swapped fj40 with vintage air. I.e. safe for your clutch.

For those that have modded rigs or you don't want to mess with figuring out wiring, this switch mounts on the high pressure side of the compressor. Usually used with adding ac to a vehicle that didn't originally have ac....like an ls1 swapped fj40 with vintage air. I.e. safe for your clutch.
Post up some pics and or a writeup. This would be super helpful for everyone who's having issues with their thermistors or their A/C computer chips (blanking on the name right now)

Here's the copy of the vintage ac wiring diagram. I used these guys for the trinary switch, came from eBay with different size hose options to crimp the sensor inline

TRinarySwitch.jpg

Here's the sensor attached to the bead lock adapter fitting

download.jpeg

I hope this helps some of you guys out! I've not looked into wiring this into my existing ac dash switch yet, I'm waiting until all my hoses are ready to attach before I tackle wiring so I only have to do this once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom