ABS, VSC, A TRAC, and Brake dash lights ON (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just recently got one of my cruisers running after two months of down time. I replaced the sunroof track cables, and exhaust manifold gaskets. I was in no hurry to fix it because no one likes doing manifold gaskets. Either way I got it put back together and running again.

I noticed now my dash is all excited with the ABS, VSC, Active Trac, and Brake lights all illuminated. I did some searching here on MUD and found out how to jumper the Tc and E1 terminals on the diagnostic port under the hood. I was able to get the airbag light to flash a code at me, all the other lights stayed on constant. The code I got was a flash, pause, flash flash flash flash followed by a long pause then the same code sequence again. I need a hand figuring out how to decipher this flashing code. What does it mean? I know I could take it to a dealer and have it scanned, but I would rather exhaust all my options in the garage first before spending $140 at the dealer for a system scan.

Is there any way to reset the ABS codes without a scanner? I know you can unhook the battery to clear soft codes associated with a CEL, but does ABS work the same? I want to reset to see if the lights come back immediately or stay out.

I noticed a few others on here had similar problems because the "P" light was burned out. Mine works, the only one thats out is the "D" light. My other LC has the same "D" light out and has no other dash lights illuminated, so I don't believe its related.

I swapped the gas cap from one LC to the other and no change on either rig.

Battery is about 2 years old and fully charged.

Having just done the exhaust manifold gaskets I am assuming I might have messed up a wheel speed sensor? I pulled the front wheels off and worked in the wheel wells to replace the gaskets.

Thanks for all the help!

Abs wheel speed sensor caused similar issues in my 2007 Toyota Sienna, I had purchased a gas cap also but never installed it.

I have same issue. New to this site so sorry if this is something that everyone is familiar with and is tired of talking about. Anyway, new 01 LC. Brake VSC off, VSC trac, ABS and active trac all on. No known history at all since I just bought, and no CEL. Gas cap replaced today and no codes read by 2 separate scanners. Any any ideas

Do you get a long 'beep' from the dash when you turn the truck on?

I don't know that this is your issue, but take a peek at the ABS Brake Failure thread at the top of the page. It's a not-uncommon issue that will require near immediate attention and a healthy chunk of change. Again, it may not be your issue, but the risks of it is are great enough to confirm that it's not.

I have same issue. New to this site so sorry if this is something that everyone is familiar with and is tired of talking about. Anyway, new 01 LC. Brake VSC off, VSC trac, ABS and active trac all on. No known history at all since I just bought, and no CEL. Gas cap replaced today and no codes read by 2 separate scanners. Any any ideas
I had the same issue and it was the wheel speed sensor. It happened after I did the wheel bearings. I went with OEM wheel speed sensor and problem is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom