ABS sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having an issue with one of the ABS sensors on my 1997 80 series.
Wondering if anyone knows what other toyota vehicles used the same sensors. Reason is my buddy who is fixing it for my has a parts yard and can pull what I want as long as I can find out what other Toyotas used the same sensor. We are looking at doing the front sensors first to see if they are the issue.

Thanks in advance
Phill

I am having an issue with one of the ABS sensors on my 1997 80 series.
Wondering if anyone knows what other toyota vehicles used the same sensors. Reason is my buddy who is fixing it for my has a parts yard and can pull what I want as long as I can find out what other Toyotas used the same sensor. We are looking at doing the front sensors first to see if they are the issue.

Thanks in advance
Phill
I don’t believe they do. I looked into it, and while some are similar, they lack the two piece construction of the 80. The 105 cruiser may be compatible, but that won’t be found stateside yet.

On a side note, the 120 platform ABS Sensor wires were thin like 3lb test fishing line. It makes the 80 ABS wire look like rope.

There is a diagnostic procedure in the FSM that will identify which sensor is having a problem, DI-188 in my manual.

I had pulsing every time I stopped so I bought some used sensors from the classifieds, swapped them out, and had the same problem. Nothing like throwing parts/money/time at a problem and not solving it. I remembered a @jonheld posts saying there is a diagnostic procedure in the FSM so I followed the procedure. It identified the right rear sensor as the problem. I pulled the wheel and found a loose axle bearing. Tightened it up and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom