About 50 Gs eh? 2020 Taco Pro... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m in the PNW right on the border of BC and Washington. We bought ours on the BC side and it is usually way more expensive here, but our truck listed at $37k. Is the JBL stereo standard with the premium package? I wasn’t able to sit in one as they didn’t have any local to me. We had a basic SR5 for a few days as a service loaner last year so just ordered based on what we like in a truck instead of going to sit in and drive them. We ordered a Silver Sky Metalic, but the dealer that had the only one in BC wouldn’t give it up. Pricks! So we ended up with white. I’m good with that as it’s the easiest color to polish bush scratches out of or touch up paint. I’m a realist. It’s going to get dinged at some point. I just hope the wife does the first one!
It’s standard in the TRD Premium packages for the double cab.

I went TRD OR as I was ripping out the suspension anyway... I'm really liking it.

IMG_20200310_165233.jpg

Nice looking rig OT.

It’s standard in the TRD Premium packages for the double cab.

Apparently it’s NOT standard in the TRD Offroad Premium, because my DC didn’t come with it (or at least there is nothing to say or show that it did).

I'm baaaaack, perhaps! May be coming into a 'little' inheritance and rethinking a Tacoma. Can't tell you why, but I've always wanted a pick up truck! I'd keep the Landcruiser just because it's my Landcruiser. I know you all understand!

Somewhat torn between a fully optioned TRD Offroad vs a TRD Pro. Would likely not do much offroading with the Tacoma so wondering if the upgraded Fox shock package, etc on the Pro is really worth it. Even mild offroading, I'm leaning toward the Pro for the suspension. At this point will wait for the 2021's and just see.

For those with the Pro, is the 'feel' of the Fox suspension significant? I only test drove the TRD OR as the only Pro dealer had was sitting inside the showroom. At least there was no dealer market value markup on it at the time.

If you are going to keep the stock tires, then the Fox suspension on the Pro will be fine. If you are going to run larger tires, like 33 inch, you will need to change the suspension, so the Fox is not going to do you any good. I test drove a Pro and I didn’t think it was worth the extra money for the bling and the scoop. It does have a noticeably different suspension though.

If you are going to keep the stock tires, then the Fox suspension on the Pro will be fine. If you are going to run larger tires, like 33 inch, you will need to change the suspension, so the Fox is not going to do you any good. I test drove a Pro and I didn’t think it was worth the extra money for the bling and the scoop. It does have a noticeably different suspension though.
What you are saying is about what a comparison review of the Pro vs the Off Road. For my 'wants' the Off Road sounds like a better bet.

The Pro is a lot more money and you can buy a custom suspension and larger tire instead for your TRD-OR, but you won’t get the scoop.

if you haven’t already test drive one with a scoop and one without. I knew I was going to get a TRD OR but still test drove a sport model just to feel the difference. The scoop blocked even more of the view and really killed it for me. Sure, they look cool, but are completely non functional.

You can always sell the Pro wheels and suspension to offset the extra cost. It may not make it all up, but it's pretty close. Once you option out an offroad to what a pro comes standard with they aren't TOO far off anyway 👍

It was $7,000 difference at my dealer. Good luck getting $7k for used tires and suspension. I found the OR Premium was the best way to save $7k. I got a sunroof, which I really like due to how low and dark the cabin is comoaredto my 100. I wouldn’t want one without the glass ceiling.

It was $7,000 difference at my dealer. Good luck getting $7k for used tires and suspension. I found the OR Premium was the best way to save $7k. I got a sunroof, which I really like due to how low and dark the cabin is comoaredto my 100. I wouldn’t want one without the glass ceiling.
It was about the same price difference for me too between the OR premium and the Pro. I really didn’t want a sun roof but to not get one wasn’t an option. And since I knew I was going to lift it I didn’t care about the suspension. Though the front facing camera would be nice to have but is easily added.

It was about the same price difference for me too between the OR premium and the Pro. Though the front facing camera would be nice to have but is easily added.

You didn’t get the front camera? Did you get the OR Premium? Ours came with it.

You didn’t get the front camera? Did you get the OR Premium? Ours came with it.
I did, they didn’t have the front camera option anywhere near my locale and I didn’t want to wait and have to special order.

Still really like the truck after 8 months of ownership.

Yeah not sure on dealer pricing, but I just looked online using the builder tool. It's really only close if you want the Premium Off-road package. You can certainly get an OR cheaper without all the bells and whistles. They seemed to have tied Leather seats to expensive tech packages in the OR though.

1603725569066.png

1603725660222.png

Yeah not sure on dealer pricing, but I just looked online using the builder tool. It's really only close if you want the Premium Off-road package. You can certainly get an OR cheaper without all the bells and whistles. They seemed to have tied Leather seats to expensive tech packages in the OR though.

View attachment 2477091

View attachment 2477092

So about $3,500 difference in your region. That’s closer, but where I live the difference is close to $7,000. I still wouldn’t pay $3,500 for a dorkel and “better” stock height suspension.

Local to me:

048E79D6-A228-4AC9-B6EF-4CBD0C1CD0C2.jpeg

4EE76DDC-1E43-4D04-9CE8-AB59C919932D.jpeg

You can see why I wouldn’t touch a Pro with a 10’ pole... After taxes it’s a difference of $11,872 CDN or $8,916.42 USD at today’s rates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom