A2DP Bluetooth Streaming on all GX460s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jeremy j

SILVER Star
Threads
Do all GX460s have the ability to stream music from a phone via blueooth from the factory?

I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer about when this was introduced. It is an absolute deal breaker for my wife and the main reason why I don't put her in a 2008 LX/LC. She doesn't like aftermarket solutions and loved the factory integration on other Toyotas.

Thanks!

Do all GX460s have the ability to stream music from a phone via blueooth from the factory?

I searched and couldn't find a definitive answer about when this was introduced. It is an absolute deal breaker for my wife and the main reason why I don't put her in a 2008 LX/LC. She doesn't like aftermarket solutions and loved the factory integration on other Toyotas.

Thanks!

My 2010 GX460 base does and it is quite good. Never lost a connection.

My 2010 GX460 base does and it is quite good. Never lost a connection.
Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. She is in a Prius now and the bluetooh is consistent and works great but we have a grom unit in a Volvo and she hates it. That has a little to do with the Volvo stereo and it might be better in a GX/LX.

Yes...but, you have to have the vehicle stopped in order to connect to a different Bluetooth device. Kind of a PITA, but otherwise functions great. Steering wheel controls work for track forward/back, volume, etc. <- this on my 2011

My 2013 GX460 Premium has no problem connecting with my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra or my wife's Apple phone. Both our phones are about a year old.
The GX finds the phone and will start playing as soon as I start the vehicle, providing that I haven't shut down the Pandora app on my phone. Same with phone calls.
I never have to fiddle with re-connecting it.

My 2013 GX460 Premium has no problem connecting with my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra or my wife's Apple phone. Both our phones are about a year old.
The GX finds the phone and will start playing as soon as I start the vehicle, providing that I haven't shut down the Pandora app on my phone. Same with phone calls.
I never have to fiddle with re-connecting it.
But once you start the car and it automatically connects to your phone, you have to stop (motion) the car to switch the connection on the heat unit to her phone. That's all I'm saying. It's annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom