Builds A Newbs "New" 1991 1HZ Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1%'r.

I was able to sneak a few minutes this afternoon and install the seat slides and brackets. I was also able to get a good look at the new seats. The quality is top notch. I have yet to sit in a better after-market seat. This is probably the best mod to date. Will be ordering a set for the 80 series as soon as I get back from SA.

F88C23D8-DF95-41B8-98C2-D751EAB0D17A.jpeg

I was able to sneak a few minutes this afternoon and install the seat slides and brackets. I was also able to get a good look at the new seats. The quality is top notch. I have yet to sit in a better after-market seat. This is probably the best mod to date. Will be ordering a set for the 80 series as soon as I get back from SA.

View attachment 1892590
You should do what my grandmother used to do when she got new furniture and leave the plastic own. :)

Were they direct fit, John?
Sort of....

I had to drill to find the hidden nuts for the bucket seats. That was fairly easy once you do a little measuring and comparing with the factory bucket seat layout. The seats came with Planted brackets that bolted right up no issues at all. The color is a perfect match for this interior.

Congrats. You're going to love a nice long drive in those seats. Very Nice!

Congrats. You're going to love a nice long drive in those seats. Very Nice!
I must have this whole Cruiser thing wrong. I thought it was a sign of character to arrive at your destination numb from the neck down. :)

Last edited:
I must have this whole Cruiser thing wrong. I thought it was a sign of character to arrive at your destination numb from the neck down. :)
Yeah well I've had the whole cruiser thing going for the last 20 years and at almost 60 my ass has become flat. These seats are like remodeling your house.

@peterb super secret....Home Depot! haha

@ROUSER Found a photo I could crop into to show you. Nothing fancy, just rope tied around the cross supports. Thats my 5'9" single fin in there pictured. I dont have a board over 6'2" so this works for me for now. Also using those ropes to hang sleeping bags, hammock, camping pillow etc...

View attachment 1466592

I found this rope over the weekend and couldn't figure out what the hell they were for. Also spent 4 doors tripping over boards, so thanks.

Hey guys. I'm the new owner of this rig as of a coupe weeks ago. Plan to keep building on her and started a separate thread if you're interested. Not sure what the protocol is for new owners on existing build threads 🤷‍♂️

Just got it out of customs FINALLY last Friday night. It is every bit as rad as I hoped and more. More power than I expected it to have given everyones comments of N/A 1hz's being slow. Drives tight, straight, and is super clean.

So far Ive done larger convex side mirrors, new battery, wheels and tires, oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, greased knuckles, fixed non working wipers, installed stereo (back up camera to be added soon) and a bunch of other random tidying up, WD-40 on squeaky doors yada yada yada....
Next for baselining is trans, t-case and diff fluids once I can figure out a way to get better leverage on those bolts while laying on the ground haha. Need to get some penetrating fluid and let it soak on those. I have a ton of rubber parts (vacuum lines, fuel lines, brake lines, radiator hoses, bushings, belts etc...) on standby if need be but everything is good to go as is as far as I can tell, I will keep a close eye.

Next week I will be making new mounting brackets for the TJM bumper so it doesnt stick out so far. Ill have it mounted about 3" closer to the grill and 1" higher than it is now. Then on to powdercoat.

After those things its on to building out the back for storage/ sitting/ sleeping.

I will get around to taking some actually good photos of it soon but for now I am busy getting it all dialed in and figured out.
Heres a few for now... before and after wheels and tires changed and interior set up as it is now.

View attachment 1421014
View attachment 1421010 View attachment 1421011 View attachment 1421012
View attachment 1421015
Beautiful Troopy! What are the specs on those Wheel Vintiques? Do you happen to have the part number? Thx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom