A manditory specification should be. . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
a removable top! I mean, come on, you don't have a retro cruiser without a removable top. Just my 2cents.

I don't think it's totally out of the picture yet. Mark did make a comment about working with 3rd parties about softtops. My guess is this is just the entry product. Future models will have more options and configurations. At least that's my hope.
dmc

Auto Marketing 101:

You never introduce your new vehicle with all of the options. Keep some tricks up your sleeves. The first 2 years will attrack all of the people who have to have it and there will be huge hype. When the initial hype dies down after year 2 or 3 look to intorduce the specialty model (ie. turbo, covertible, offroad) and rekindle the hype.

This has been done with the Mini, the new Beetle, and the PT Cruiser.

IMO, if you want a covertible, wait until at least 2 years of production.

aamiggia said:
This has been done with the Mini, the new Beetle, and the PT Cruiser.
Yep, also the Mustang, notice how with the new Mustang there isn't a Cobra version out yet...so those who HAVE to have it will buy it now, and then some of them will upgrade to the Cobra version in a year or two, some ofcourse will wait for the Cobra version, but you've still sold more cars than just putting out all the models at once.

The removable top would be cool, but not a huge deal IMO, I'm just happy with the specs it's getting from the get-go...rear locker, VVT-i engine, etc...

I fully expect a TRD version which has all the offroad shocks and stickers and whatnot, probably special TRD seat covers, different wheels/tires, etc...

I can already hear the new vehicle sales getting sucked away from jxxp... :D

I'm on the removeable top situation too. It'd be sweet.

I'd sign up right now if there were a removeable top available similar to the FJ 40.

Doug

i totally agree with the soft top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom