A little help near Glendale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

084runnerltd

SILVER Star
Threads
looking at buying a 200 for my wife and found this one in Glendale:
Lexus LX 570 AWD | 1st Choice Autos

www.1stchoice-autos.com
www.1stchoice-autos.com

I am ready to buy it, however, there have been some red flags:

*When I check the address of the dealership from the website (5201 w Glendale Glendale, AZ) it lists to “Sun City” auto, not “1st Choice.”

*Vehicle was for sale in CO, but when I contacted the seller, he said he moved it to AZ to sell it...

*The dealership “1st choice” is basically non-existent on google, etc...

Just wondering if anybody is in the area or can verify this vehicle exists..?? Not needing an inspection of any sort, I just don’t want to spend 1k on a 1-way plane ticket for a imaginary vehicle.

Thanks in advance,

Looks like "But here pay here" land out in Glendale a bunch of used car dealers. You know the kind. Maybe a little sketchy... I wouldn't make a big deal out of the sign being from a different business they may be really new. Anyway good luck.

Looks like "But here pay here" land out in Glendale a bunch of used car dealers. You know the kind. Maybe a little sketchy... I wouldn't make a big deal out of the sign being from a different business they may be really new. Anyway good luck.

I am fine with “pay here,” I just want to make sure there is a vehicle to buy. ;)

Seems sketchy to me. Did you review the testimonials? Stone cold steve Austin, willie Nelson, are you kidding me?
Running the vin in google gets nothing, that never happens with a real vin.

DB912D9F-514B-4588-9CCB-C21213C29275.png

Last edited:
Seems sketchy to me. Did you review the testimonials? Stone cold steve Austin, willie Nelson, are you kidding me?
Running the vin in google gets nothing, that never happens with a real vin.

View attachment 2119512

lol, no I didn’t look at the testimonials. Sounds like they may be entertaining.

Thanks for the VIN tip. They did provide me with a Carfax, but obviously if this is a scam, it doesn’t mean much.

Looks like these scammers are evolving their ways. Used to just be fake listings.....now fake listings, fake dealership websites, fake Carfax...

I don’t know why it irritates me so much, but I think I would illegal things to car scammers if I met them in a dark alley....

The VIN checks out as a 2016 LX570. I got 38 results for the VIN on Google. FWIW, my Google isn't a Microsoft product and doesn't look anything like the 'Google' in Funner's post. Also FWIW, I get 50 results when Googling my own 05 Tundra, one of which is my Autotrader ad, the rest look just like the stuff that comes up for the LX570. I'd be scared to buy my own truck if all I looked at was the search results.

I doubt it's a scam. A visit to the dealer would verify if the truck 'exists' or not (which is what I assume the OP was hoping someone would offer to do). However, if it were me I'd just do what I could on the interwebs, call and speak to someone at the dealership, set up an appointment, and keep it.

Last edited:
FWIW, my Google isn't a Microsoft product and doesn't look anything like the 'Google' in Funner's post.

I'd like to say that my comment was more about not knowing people actually use Bing as a search engine, but I honestly didn't notice it until @-Spike- pointed it out.

Did anyone ever validate this particular dealer 1st Choice Autos. I am having the same experience. Reached out to a private seller and they pointed me toward these guys claiming they had the vehicle on consignment. Being from the East Coast I was planning to wire payment but the dealer seems fishy...

do not ever wire a payment for a vehicle - if at all, put it on your credit card, where you can open a dispute in case of problems and have a decent chance to get your money back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom