A.J’s Yotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“While you’re in there…”
I’ve got the “While you’re in there’s” hard with this 62.

My 40 needs a full knuckle job and by the time I’m done with this one, I’ll actually know what I’m doing and will have all the parts and tools I didn’t know I needed for this “brake job”.

Hi AJ!

A.J’s Yotas is proud to announce to now we offer Vapor Honing services.
IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0661.jpeg

IMG_0565.jpeg

IMG_0564.jpeg

Maybe one day I’ll have the common sense to bring my rig to AJ for something… until then, here is my current brake job:
View attachment 3325672
Ian, I'm a YouTube certified mechanic. I can attest that there are no brakes in that picture. : )

Ian, I'm a YouTube certified mechanic. I can attest that there are no brakes in that picture. : )
New style of brakes. 100% always in brake mode.

Hey AJ,

It was nice meeting you today and checking out your shop. I hope to do some business with you in the future!

Thanks
Robert

Hey AJ,

It was nice meeting you today and checking out your shop. I hope to do some business with you in the future!

Thanks
Robert
Thank you Robert. Nice to meet you as well.

A.J

Holy s***, I leave the country for a year and a half and you now have a shop? That's awesome man, so happy for you. I'll swing by to say hi once I'm back in Texas.

What's the address?

Another 2 thumbs up for AJ -- he replaced the HG and a few other things on the 40, and it is now driving better than any other time since I've owned it. He now has my 05 Tacoma in for some surgery. I try to do as much as I can myself, but I know when I'm over my head and it's great to have someone I know and trust to dive in and help 👍👍

Another positive review for AJ!

Went out to the shop this morning to get the wheel bearings on my 100 series replaced. Great guy and great service! Give him a visit if you’re in the greater Austin area.

AJ,

It was great catching up with you after so long and thanks for knocking out all the bushings on Penelope Cruiser. I don't know how you did it all in this heat, but I'm super happy with the fast turnaround. You'll definitely be seeing me around more.

20230825_084857.jpg

20230825_132257.jpg

I’ve got a question for AJ and anyone else following this thread based in the Austin area.

I’ve got this 1988 FJ62 in my possession, pretty close to being done with the front end (knuckles, TRE’s, brakes) and getting ready to tackle the suspension as a whole…

TrailTaylor and I have been talking about a Dobisons setup, which I believe would be everything (springs, shocks, bushings, u-bolts, hardware, shackles) for $2,150-$2,650, the high end being an IMS shock kit. I’m not heavily wheeling this truck, just want capability and a get out of “oh fük” sh!t. A daily that can deliver if need be.

My question is, am I overthinking and/or overlooking something else? Obviously, I don’t want to get into this again anytime soon, so I want to do it right, now. But am I just drinking the Nolan kool aid or is this the way to go?

I did the suspension on my Tundra myself and it sucked the largest of balls, I was sore for days. But, I am glad I did it because now I know. Still have a knuckle job and springs to do on my 40 and I am not really excited about it, but I want to get this 62 done and then move on to my idle issues (code 51).

Just looking for advice from my local brethren.

Thanks,
Ian

IMG_8971.jpeg
IMG_8974.jpeg

Final thoughts for the night…

This is clearly a high jack of this thread and deliberately so. AJ is the nexus of our community here and I thought this might be a good direction for this thread. Yes, I’ve been drinking, maybe I’ll feel differently in the morning.

Is it not reasonable to sing AJ’s praises while simultaneously using this thread as a talking point for our individual issues?

I’ll check in tomorrow and see how appropriate this is.

Love y’all,
Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom