A death in the family (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_20160604_114548.jpg
IMG_20160604_114542.jpg
IMG_20160602_225554.jpg

I am very sorry to hear this. Rob was also another one of those cool neighbors that had an 80. My wife told me she spotted one up a driveway somewhere down the road so of course being me, I had to talk to him and ask all my questions before I bought mine. I paid him a "15 min visit" that was over an hour. A very cool genuine guy that knows his stuff, I wish I knew him better.

Last edited:
5F02D498-375C-4D71-9144-BA0251DEB3D9.jpeg

As so many have said, Rob had a kind and caring heart. I have so many examples of this during the time I have known him. Rob always made himself available to help with anything he could.

Living close to Rob it was not uncommon for Rob to stop by anytime he saw me in the driveway. I remember one specific time I had a piece of trim/wrap that had come loose on the house that I was attempting to straighten back up. Rob randomly stopped by and mentioned he could straighten it in a brake and bring it back. Couple days later I got home from work and quickly noticed he had not only straightened it for me but had hung and caulked it in. That’s the way Rob worked. It was obvious that he found joy in helping others.

Prior to rolling down the mountain in Colorado, I needed a trailer so a friend could bring out the 4Runner due to some engine issues in the 80. Rob was quick to not only loan a trailer for us to use but he assisted a friend with getting the trailer and loading the 4Runner. Rob had mentioned several times that he could bring it to Colorado if needed and I know he would have had my friend not already been heading that way.

After the “roll over” incident Rob always made himself available to help and coordinate many of the efforts to build Pete. He and I spent many days during the week removing, rebuilding, and reinstalling the motor and several other things. I know he had a lot of other obligations at the time but he put those aside to help.

Rob truly touched all that had the pleasure of knowing him. I am grateful that I had the chance to know and spend many hours with him.

He will be missed. Rest In Peace brother.

77B43550-913E-4E2A-8132-FE81EF206C9F.jpeg

48A3531E-1B2D-4FC2-B827-13E76A12A3F3.jpeg

Rob was a good man and a great person. He always made me feel welcome and I know he did many many things for others simply because he wanted to. I will miss him also. Will many from KC be making the trip to Mexico this Sat? A friend and I would like to join the caravan of cruisers and attend his services in Mexico. If there are set plans for the club to attend please share.

So sorry to hear this Kelly, my thoughts go out to Rob's many friends and family. He was such a generous soul, I met him years ago and got the honor of riding shotgun with him on one of the night wheeling excursions in SMORR. His calm and genuinely happy demeanour left a lasting impression. Reading these stories really makes you realize how much more good we could do if we were all just a little more Rob-like.

Rob was a good man and a great person. He always made me feel welcome and I know he did many many things for others simply because he wanted to. I will miss him also. Will many from KC be making the trip to Mexico this Sat? A friend and I would like to join the caravan of cruisers and attend his services in Mexico. If there are set plans for the club to attend please share.
I plan to leave early and get there about 30 minutes before the services.

f
canadas ds.jpg
canadas fr.jpg
canadass.jpg
FOO444.JPG

moab
LC MOAB HIGH.jpg
LC MOAB HOLES2.jpg
LC MOAB PARKING.jpg
LC PASS WIDE.JPG

snow
LC SNOW CORNER.JPG
LC SNOW DUSSY.JPG
LC SNOW SMILE.JPG
SAM_0373.jpg
SAM_0375.jpg

pic
SAMMY HEAD.JPG
SHOP ROTARYSK.JPG
SHOP START.JPG
SHOP WORK ON TUBDD.jpg
SMORR DDS.JPG

I wanted to thank everyone that was able to come the last couple days to Rob's services. It meant so much to the family to meet and hear about all these great adventures that Rob had -- and for some family members to confirm that there are humans that do this crazy stuff.

I heard several times about how many Toyota's with snorkels were out in the parking lot, which was really touching. It reinforced to the family that Rob had another local family that loved him as much as they did. I forwarded this thread to the family and they have been so amazed with this group we have and the commonality of the stories of how Rob helped each one of us.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

So sorry to hear this, he was a great guy. I only got to hang with him once at Tccc 2017, but it was very memorable. I lost a bolt from my sway bar mount and before I could figure out how I wanted to tackle it, he had the tools out and crawled under to help me. Later on I found out he was just as knowledgeable about beers as he was cruisers lol. We shared a couple of craft beers that I had been holding on to around the fire. I was looking forward to our next event, but we just couldn't make it happen. He will be missed :(

full

full

full

full

full

956717B2-9FE1-4C4E-9C70-E0F40504A39B.jpeg
C6E85D0C-63F0-4083-85E0-08588A52DBF4.jpeg
58AED9CD-79B2-4174-8DC0-DF789C8A7089.jpeg
1302D7E6-DB1B-4398-9490-F4A31C2063DB.jpeg
29F837DD-B136-43E9-919E-4112E192FD9F.jpeg
This was rob and I when we were scouting out flat nasty for fall crawl. Somehow I ended up driving rob around on that trip and almost ended up on my side going up the same v notch that Kelly almost took his door out in the foo.

I didn’t know Rob, just met him on a few trail rides...but he ALWAYS put a smile on my face and clearly loved the s*** out of all of you. Steve

Oh my . . I am in shock - - Our thoughts and prayers are with Rob's family, TAC, Kelly, and all of Rob's close friends in the club.

If I had one thing to take away with my time with Rob (and it wasn't enough) it would be that I wish I could be myself as good as he was himself - if that makes sense? You knew he knew who he was and where he was headed within seconds of knowing him - and by the way, you wanted to go there too, no matter where he was going or what he was doing.

@TYM4FUN thanks for pinging this thread....

It has been just over two years now since Rob left this planet. I have so many great memories, but honestly I am greedy and I wanted so many more.

Everyone be safe out in this post 2020 world and when you have a chance, raise a glass, and pray that we all live long enough to do really stupid things on the trails......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom